EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: ECON BUTTON

markA4tdi

Status

ECON BUTTON

Ok probably 1 for james here, as he always knows where the relevent posts are
    lol. there was a recent post explaining the econ button, just had the aircon regassed this morning all appers well , yesterday i coudnt turn the econ light off, was staying illuminated all the time, i got in this morning, and it would turn off, anyway as i had it booked in for a regas, it was done, all nice and cold still, and can turn the econ on and off just wondered if it was in need or not or have i wasted 40 quid? im sure i couldnt of done any harm replacing it

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quattrophenia

Status
    The Econ button is what turns the airccon compressor on/off. If its staying on it indicates a problem as it stays on to protect the system from being used when its not working properly. It probably just wanted gassing but mine had a problem with a pressure switch that was only highlighted by running a vagcom scan.

If it starts coming on and staying on again quickly then I would either get a vagcom scan or pressure test as you might have a leak.
    B6 A4 1.8T Avant Quattro LE 2004 | Silver | 111.5k miles
    Done:
    F/R Ambient Lights|Engine Covers|Replaced Badges|100mm Exhaust Tips|18" RS4 Alloys|Hands Free

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I just use the search button mate And have a good memory lol

Dalespitfire is spot on, Staz's FAQ's are always worth a read for aircon issues.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.