ECON BUTTON

markA4tdi

markA4tdi
Reaction score
Ok probably 1 for james here, as he always knows where the relevent posts are
lol. there was a recent post explaining the econ button, just had the aircon regassed this morning all appers well , yesterday i coudnt turn the econ light off, was staying illuminated all the time, i got in this morning, and it would turn off, anyway as i had it booked in for a regas, it was done, all nice and cold still, and can turn the econ on and off just wondered if it was in need or not or have i wasted 40 quid? im sure i couldnt of done any harm replacing it :rockwoot:

The Econ button is what turns the airccon compressor on/off. If its staying on it indicates a problem as it stays on to protect the system from being used when its not working properly. It probably just wanted gassing but mine had a problem with a pressure switch that was only highlighted by running a vagcom scan.

If it starts coming on and staying on again quickly then I would either get a vagcom scan or pressure test as you might have a leak.

I just use the search button mate :icon_thumright: And have a good memory lol

Dalespitfire is spot on, Staz's FAQ's are always worth a read for aircon issues.