Audi A4 1.8T Cabriolet Heater Cold

Acidic32

A4 Cabriolet 1.8T Owner
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.djmauto.co.uk
Ok, the heater on the car is blowing cold air when i idle, give it some revs (past 3000) it heats up fine inside!

checked the water it seems to be pressurising alot, just had the head gasket replaced and they said they bled it and run it up.

What else could cause this?

its loosing water now and boiling out of the expansion tank.....

I think its either thermostat or head gasket again

Need to get it back to them by sounds of it. Head gasket failure, maybe water pump...How long was it since you had it done??

re-conditioned engine nov 2009 head gasket blew 800 miles after engine put in got it back in wednesday (2 MONTHS TO DO HEAD GASKET!!)

So im not sure what they replaced they did mention new cambelt and tensioners but not sure if they changed water pump!

Jesus - 2 months :ohmy: - Why did you let them have it for that long??

Recon engine supplied/fitted by them So you have a valid warrenty I take it??

Either way your in your rights to take it back to them and they will have to fix the damage so I wouldnt worry about splashin out any more cash.They 'll probably try and get out of it somehow but a little hint of going down the legal rights way should prompt them.

Water pump should always be changed (for what it costs) whilst the engine is in bits. Give them a buzz tomorrow and tell them the situation. TELL them they need to recover your car back to them,dont ASK!!! Use some authority so they know straight off you aint taking no Sh*t and wont be fobbed off (ive seen and heard of this by some garages,if they think they can push you around then they will). Lets see how you get on....
Also remember not to Guess Diagnose it for them when you first speak to them - just mention you have No heat, losing water,over heats and cant/wont drive it then leave it with them and see what they come back with!

Last edited:
Well got the car down there, went and picked it up yesterday, they said they checked everything and replaced thermostat. Got halfway back to peterborough up the M11, *BANG* and loads of steam, found 2 split pipes ******* out with water.

So car is back in now, with the threat of legal action.