Sky InsuranceBadger5

Thread: HEATED Mirrors

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status

HEATED Mirrors

ive read a few posts about Heated Mirrors and am i correct in thinking all you need to do is relace the mirror glass as the wiring will already be there and bobs your uncle?

Also whats the trick to removing the mirror covers to check out the wiring
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

2. # ADS
    ADS

OEM+

Status
    Do you not already have heated mirrors on the car?
    Ebony Black 2004 A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Not that i can tell, were they not part of the winter pack? they dont feel warm when i would expect them to be. As far as i understand (maybe of kilter here) but they should feel warm when the outside temp is below 12 degrees and the rear demister is on and the mirror switch is set to the middle.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

6th Gear

Status
    id say have a look in your fuse box see if the fuse is there

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    i thought that they ran from the rear demister, so not requiring a fuse? i will have a look though

6th Gear

Status
    oh maybe didnt think of that haha i no on mine one works and one dont as it must have been smashed at some point
    and the guy before me put a cheapie on it so it dont heat up maaaaaybee the same for yours just maybe thought

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    The trick to remove the mirror glass is to point the mirrors at the ground as far down as they will go, this will enable you to just get a couple of fingers behind the glass. With a gentle but firm pull it will pop free. You will then be able to see how the covers are fixed in place, they are only clips, but a bit fiddly.

Lots of pics HERE
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    thanks for that, Tricky little devils arnt they. but after looking at that i dont think i need to remove the covers to check the wiring.

6th Gear

Status
    you can see the wiring just by taking the mirror out mate you maybe lucky just putting it to its lowest point and having a look

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    IL GET MY TORCH OUT AND INVESTIGATE

6th Gear

Status
    glass comes out easy mate just put a soft cloth on it to push it back in push softly till you hear a click

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    news update if your interested, I removed the mirror glass last night and the wires are there for the heating element to plug into so i shall get some heated mirror glasses and try - hopefully one of the easiest audi upgrades.

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

Status
    According to the manual, mine heat when I turn on the rear window demister - I've not touched them when they're supposed to be on to confirm though.
    Audi S4 Avant (B6, 2004) in Goodwood Green.

3rd Gear

Status
    take a look at this thread that was running a couple of weeks ago before you buy any mirrors....always worth doing a search

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...Heated-mirrors

Available soon in the For Sale Section.....

RS4 Pedals - Drivers side mirror mounting/wiring
    B6 Cab Front Grills - Drivers side B6 Cab Headlamp
    Moro Blue Mirror Caps - Full set of Cab Windscreen Surrounds
    Symphony 6 disc Head - Unit Full set of B6 Cab Manuals inc Leather Wallet
    N/S B6 Rear Lamp - RS6 Auto Brake Pedal

PM for more details.......

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Thanks for that - its probably more tricky than i thought probably wont bother then

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystik Journeyman View Post
    According to the manual, mine heat when I turn on the rear window demister - I've not touched them when they're supposed to be on to confirm though.
    I've got one that works driver's) and the other one doesn't, so I'm guesssing:

1) same fuse, so that's not the prob.

2) el-cheapo glass replacement on the offside, so if I pop that one off, there's gonan be wires that aren't connected?
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    I've got one that works driver's) and the other one doesn't, so I'm guesssing:

1) same fuse, so that's not the prob.

2) el-cheapo glass replacement on the offside, so if I pop that one off, there's gonan be wires that aren't connected?
    I'd go with the cheapo non heated replacement losty....or has someone retro fitted just one heated mirror before......

Available soon in the For Sale Section.....

RS4 Pedals - Drivers side mirror mounting/wiring
    B6 Cab Front Grills - Drivers side B6 Cab Headlamp
    Moro Blue Mirror Caps - Full set of Cab Windscreen Surrounds
    Symphony 6 disc Head - Unit Full set of B6 Cab Manuals inc Leather Wallet
    N/S B6 Rear Lamp - RS6 Auto Brake Pedal

PM for more details.......

6th Gear

Status
    i have the same my drivers one is a cheapy so dont work just the near side one works.