2.5 TDi Quattro Flat spots

chris444cat

Reaction score
Hi Guys, wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. I seem to have a major flat spot around 2600 -3000rpm when in 4th and 5th and 6th gear. On a straight she'll pull nicely up to this point and then it seems like someone is anchoring on the brakes. if i ease off slightly it seems to pickup a little. Besides this it runs really sweet. This could be common with the V6, just seeing if anyone knows the score????

i have a similiar issue with my 2.5TDI Quattro-- it is like it is overboosting and then venting boost pressure

or going into limp mode

mine had a split in one of the intercoolers which, when I replaced it has made a huge difference

I was wondering whether I need to reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for a day or so

Its certainly not a normal thing, I would suggest getting the car plugged into Vagcom rather than just replacing things randomly.

Cheers guys. I'll get it plugged in to the VAGCOM and see what wonders it throws out!!

I had a B5 with this engine, and it did exactly this. It was the first symptom of the MAF failing, you eventually reach the point where there is a huge cloud of black smoke behind you, and no power. The test is to unplug the MAF, and see if things get worse, if they don't then the MAF isn't doing anything.
If it is this, its worth bartering with Audi, because they know these fail, and can be quite generous, i.e. I got them to drop the labour and I just paid for the part (about £90).