Wheel bolts - potentially stupid question!

dalespitfire

Quattrophenia
Reaction score
Morning lads,

I'm not sure if this is a really dumb thing to ask, but I need to ask it anyway!

I have 17's on my car at the mo (can be seen in seen in the link in my sig) and am hopefully going to pick up some 18" RS4 reps as replacement from ebay (ET35). But they have no bolts.

Question is - will my wheel bolts fit the new wheels? Or am I going to need to get longer ones?

Hmmmm.:sadlike:

Yeah they should do, I had 16 inch alloys now have 18s used the same bolts with no problems

you only need longer bolts if you're getting spacers and given that most of those reps have an offset around ET45-ET40 anyway you almost certainly won't be needing any spacers.

I switch back and forth between OEM Audi Sport 16" and OEM Audi S4 Avus III's and use the same bolts all the time.

Only reason you might need DIFFERENT bolts is if the shape of the seating is different (rounded versus conical)... but even if you do get extra bolts, you'll probably still have to get the same length.

You will definately need new bolts , as already mentioned it will be the fact OEM is radius seats and reps will have 60degree taper seats .

You will definately need new bolts , as already mentioned it will be the fact OEM is radius seats and reps will have 60degree taper seats .

Doh! Didn't see the link.... actually... where IS the link to the eBay reps?!?

By the definition of them being generic aftermarket items, there's no guarantee what design they are (or the quality!), so I wasn't about to make firm recommendations until I knew what he was going to.