Audi A4 avant airbag light after headlight bulb change!

fabtdi

Reaction score
I have a problem with my 2002 audi avant 1.9 pd tdi 130, I recently replaced the headlight bulbs and stright away after i drove down the road the airbag light came on, I checked it with vagcom and it says its the drivers side crash sensor then under it says fault in circut?

I had a mess about with the front airbag sensors , unplugged them and plugged them in again and cleared the codes, then it went out and stayed out for half a hour then came back on again? the bulbs i fitted where uprated ones from halfords the 50% more light ones, could this be the issue? because i know the canbus can be very fussy sometimes!

any help welcome!! :)

thanks!

Last edited:
Maybe a completely dumb response but regress the bulbs back to the original bulbs (which will rule out the "new" bulbs) & check all the wiring, especially anything around the connectors you have fiddled with.:think:

not got the old bulbs as they where blown! played with any wires that would have been disturbed and its still the same :(

HID's can cause these sort of problems due to ballast location, but I've never heard of it from halogen bulbs before.