Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Quattrophenia

Status

Opinions on this look?

What do you guys think to this look? Pretend its an Avant though - and the wheels are RS4's - and it has an S-Line Kit on!!

B6 A4 1.8T Avant Quattro LE 2004 | Silver | 111.5k miles
    Done:
    F/R Ambient Lights|Engine Covers|Replaced Badges|100mm Exhaust Tips|18" RS4 Alloys|Hands Free

2. # ADS
    ADS

OEM+

Status

Re: Opinions on this look?

I'm not a massive fan of that on the A4. It looks a bit too 'Jap racer'. Each to their own though!

I think the matt door mirrors look out of place too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebony Black 2004 A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport

Quattrophenia

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncopix View Post
    I'm not a massive fan of that on the A4. It looks a bit too 'Jap racer'. Each to their own though!

I think the matt door mirrors look out of place too...

Yeah, I've got a set of gloss black ones I got from ebay for a quid!! Was gonna play at wrapping them in carbon fibre!
    Done:
    F/R Ambient Lights|Engine Covers|Replaced Badges|100mm Exhaust Tips|18" RS4 Alloys|Hands Free

OEM+

Status

Re: Opinions on this look?

Again, carbon fibre can look amazing if used correctly! The problem is I always think to make it look good you need a lot of it. If you just do the mirrors they could look a little odd. If you did the mirrors, roof and bonnet though - you could be onto a winner!

Ebony Black 2004 A4 Avant 1.9 TDi Sport

Quattrophenia

Status
    If you did the mirrors, roof and bonnet though - you could be onto a winner!

That would be too much for me. Was going to do the Mirrors, door blades, door pillars and rear valance.
    Done:

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

Status
    The problem is I always think to make it look good you need a lot of it.
    I second that. I don't like the A4 in the photo you posted but your description of the Avant sounds good. Black wheels and a light tone body colour work for me!
    Audi S4 Avant (B6, 2004) in Goodwood Green.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I like the dechrome and the Joey mod!

Not too sure on the mirrors, or even carbon fibre ones. I'd personally stick with silver ones, even satin aluminium would be subtly different.

The tints look good with the silver - not too sure how that would work over here with our tinting laws..... would look even better on an avant with more glass area.

I don't like the black wheels on a silver car, anthracite would look better in my opinion.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Audi fanatic

Status
    I dont like black wheels full stop and if you have gunmetal they need to have a polished lip to give defination between wheel and tyre , otherwise it looks like a big lump
    i also dont like the mirrors the rest is good thou
    Last edited by paul20v; 15th January 2010 at 21:01.

Quattrophenia

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul20v View Post
    I dont like black wheels full stop and if you have gunmetal they need to have a polished lip to give defination between wheel and tyre , otherwise it looks like a big lump
    See I really dont like polished lips - they look way to bling and then peel after about 5 mins.

I like the Anthracite RS6 wheels old and new style and they would be first choice really. I just got the chance of a bargain set of refurbed old style RS4's and wondered if I could make it work somehow but I think I'll stick to the original vision!
    Done:

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    You got my Vote 'Dales' - That Looks Good and with an Avant and the bits you mentioned = Even Better...go on you know you want too

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Yeah sack the Polished Lips, stick to what you said before.it'll blend very well

Audi fanatic

Status
    Polished lips are fine if you look after them and buy good quallity wheels So you dont like BBS LMs then ?
    ive had lots of polished lips on rims and never had them corroding one set of Azev As i had for 5 years and they were faultless and another set for 3 years with no issues
    but each to there own i just dont like black wheels it just looks like one big round lump .

Pictures of my previous polished lips not so bad me thinks

A Friends car with polished lips

Quattrophenia

Status
    Your quattro wheels are nice, and so are LM's in general but usually LM's aren't black.

I just dont like the black and polished at all........
    Done:

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    hahaha you dont like black wheels but he doesnt like Polished rims.Same difference aint it! Polished rims look more takky these days with the amount of cheap alloy makers having polished lips.

Dales - The Old Rs4's will look spot on with the scheme you going for. Wheres your motor?cant remember what it looks like...theres that many avants on here now I get confused who's is who's!!

Quattrophenia

Status
    I've never actually posted any pics to be honest. I was wanting to get it somewhere near done first and what with the bloody weather!

Took some today for my wheel ad but its DIRTY and it was raining so its a pants shot:

Done:

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Swwweeet.I love them Roof spoilers on avants.Looks nice. (i need to invest in one me thinks)...Theres nothing wrong with a bit of "muck".
    Mines in a sorry state at the min but like you say with this weather you dont stand a chance...

It'll look mean if you go with the mods you mentioned. Only thing id do rather than the matt mirrors is Satin them if you want them black. The appearence will be much better than Matt (IMO)

Quattrophenia

Status
    Cheers mate,

I'm gonna get a decent machine polish done come spring to bring the paintwork back to life. Seems pointless at the mo.

I actually have a set of gloss black mirror caps that I got off ebay in the post today - go with the gloss wheels nicely while I save up for the carbon wrap!

The alloys are only 150 (but need tyres) - I'm tempted but just need a push! The guy (professional sprayer) said he'd repaint and laquer them any RAL colour of my choice for another 20 per wheel....so I could get them anthracite......decisions!
    Done: