Koni FSD's and eibach springs...... anyone recommendations?

shaz-raul

Reaction score
hey guys, im thinking of changing my suspension set up to koni fsd's and eibach sport springs on my b6 a4 sline, has anyone used this set up before? any plus points or any any downsides to it? any opinions would be great especially if you have or have used the set up before

thanks

shaz

I had Koni/EibackSport combop on my old Mk3 Golf, so hardly fair comparison: mostly since the mk3 OEM's were shocking (pun partially intended)... handling difference was truly stunning, but they were VERY firm, so may not be a great idea for a GT or familly car... great if you're looking to track it or want the extra handling...

I always find the FSD's quite forgiving but I agree that the EIbach Pro's are a little stiff but still one of the best springs available. You won't get the full drop from the Pro's when combining them with the FSD's, it's usually around 10mm less.

Damian @ DPM Performance

thanks guys

any other springs that would be better? as i am not looking to lose any of the comfort but just to increase the handling an making sure its sticks to the road

thanks in advance

TBH I got this same kit from Damian for my 8P & have to say the drop was superb & just right, the ride is well lets just say I dont need coilovers at all, the difference between oem & this setup is vast, no bouncy castle ride anymore & handles well & isnt harsh at all.

Also you wont do yourself any harm dealling with DPM, service is unrivalled & thats an honest unbiaised opinion, Damian's CS is great, very helpful & accomodating chap, kudos.

thanks guys

any other springs that would be better? as i am not looking to lose any of the comfort but just to increase the handling an making sure its sticks to the road

thanks in advance

erm... have you sorted out the rear ARB yet?

when I put the RS4 RARB on, it change the car from moderate understeer and reluctant oversteer to completely neutral followed by gentle oversteer... but hten I only REALLY push it on snow / wet roads... it's fun to slide through a long tight corner at 35-40mph, but in the dry it's just stupidly unstickable on sharply curved motorway onramps at 110mph, etc without a flutter of breaking traction....

Last edited:
ahhhh no i havent really given it much thought tbh, i did consider it but then wen i had a look in the boot my sub is too big an gets in the way... worth an investment an lose the sub? i do love my sub tho :uhm: