Avant corrosion

millwrx

Reaction score
hi,been a member on here for some time now as my wife has a a3 quattro which has had some nice mods done on it,i have a highley tuned subaru impreza which i only use as a second/fun car,i brought last weekend off ebay a 51 plate a4 avant 2ltr as a daily driver,got it at a good price,it has lots of extras like heated front seats,parking sensors etc,now being a mechanic by trade i have had a look over the car and have found 2 faults with it,the car has covered 168000 miles and has lots of history,the first fault is that the rear archs seen to have 2 to 3 small rust circles on each side by the door shut line's,i had my wifes car done under the audi anti-corrosion warranty 3 years ago and thats on a w reg,there is also one on the lower half of the passenger back door,my wifes car had the back of the roof done both sides and the 1/4 panel painted and the corrosion has only come back through on the lower 1/4 panel with a small rust circle,once the rust is in the panel its very hard to get rid of it,so cant decide if to try and get the a4 painted or just live with it as its not to bad,now the second fault is that when i got it up in the air i noticed that there is a corrosion hole it the front panel,bottom righthand corner,its corroed from the inside out so the rain water must be getting into the box section of the panel and then sit inside as there is no drain holes,the panel is the big one that makes up the front of the car were all the headlamps,rad,etc bolt too,this is all part of the slam panel and is removeable for when the cambelt needs to be changed,i phoned audi and told them and asked if it was covered under the corrosion wanranty and they told me to bring it in so they could inspect it,i am taking it in friday to listers,has anyone else had these faults or comments,few pics of the car,apart from that very happy with it,
BgyMk3WkKGrHqIOKkQErWFjiJfBLGpvSKBO.jpg

BgyM6yQBGkKGrHqIOKkQErWFjiJfBLGpwBj.jpg

]
BgyNsPQmkKGrHqUOKkUEsOSw5FDBLGpqCFZ.jpg

I have the same on my Avant :(

Just going through the motions with Audi at the moment to get it sorted.

what with the paintwork or the front panel with a hole in it??

not sure if i can be bothered to be honest,only will most likley come back through as it has on my wifes 1/4 panel on the a3,think if you look at any vw/audi thats around this age they will have some small corrosion on it somewhere