HELP-00542 G80 needle lift sensor error code

sebhar70

Reaction score
Visited Audi dealers recently and this code appeared on the diagnostic, engineer states that the lift sensor in the number 3 injector is faulty and will cost £615.49 to replace. I think they will need to replace the whole injector unit. Anyone had this happen before? Is there a cheaper option?

Had this happen about 5 years ago on a seat alhambra, the hall sensor is part of the injector, so the whole thing had to be replaced,i seem to remember it cost me about £125 back then.

The wire to the needle sensor in the injector is prone to rubbing through on the cam cover and shorting, I would make sure they check that first off.

Was that for the whole injector unit (new) or was you able to recondition?

reconditioned if i remember correctly,but james is spot on,check the wire first.

I thought I had this issue last year and it was the wire, I can't remember the quoted price of the sensor (maybe £160 ish?), but its only built into an injector from memory, so £615 is ridiculous!

definitely built into the sensor James,I remember thinking at the time what a dumb idea that was,it would keep going into limp mode,turn it off start it again and it would be ok for a while.