De-badging A4 B8

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
Alrite Fellas

I know this aint the B8 section but still not much going on over there so thought i would come back over here and ask the question.
Im looking at de-batching the new motor want to remove the A4 and 2.0TDI badge from the rear of the car.The B6 i owned previous had already had this done and i prever it without the badges on.
My question is how do i go about doing this without leaving marks behind.Is it just a case of using a hairdryer to unstick the badges and remove them or is there a special art to doing it,and also will it leave any marks behind once the badges have been removed.
Cheers

Andy

Have a search of the detailing section, I think this has been covered before. I think heating them and using fishing line behind the badges to ease them off works well.

There won't be much going on in there if you post elsewhere.

I've a B8 and I've debaged. I'll tell you all in the B8 section if you want ;)

I did this on my old A3. Heat up with hairdryer until the gum holding badge on is really soft. I then used an old credit card and GENTLY slid it between the badges and the body. There will be some residue heat up again with hairdryer and prise off with fingers. There will be a shadow the same shape as the badges, so use some T-cut and slowly remove.
Then wash the area gently with normal car shampoo, then work in some wax to protect the area.

As mentioned before: hairdryer, old credit card and take your time, but just to get the badges off, don't worry about the black glue/rubber.

Then once the actual badges are off, get some "Autoglym Tar Remover", rub some on, give it a minute or two to do do it's stuff and peel it back, rub it again, give it a minute or two and peel it again.... repeat.

Very, very easy if you take your time and just let the hairdryer and Tar remover do the work.