JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Help can any one tell me more about this A4?

I was looking through Piston head classifieds and came across this Audi A4 2.0 FSI SE Avant but i was initially looking for a 1.8t how does this engine compare and what does the FSI SE all mean? any help greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I've owned two 1.8T Audi A4's and one 2.0L. All three have been the B6 shape. I bought my first 2001 Audi A4 from a friend after selling my 1999 (T) 1.8T Golf GTi. What a disapointment. The 2.0L engine is slow, has bad fuel consumption and no turbo boost which takes away all the fun. Pointless engine. (In my option of course!).

So, I sold the 2.0L A4 and bought a 1.8T (150bhp) 2001 A4 which was great. I loved it so much I sold it and bought a 2004 A4 1.8T (190bhp) S-line which I have had remapped to 235bhp. Perfect car in every way!

Don't do it..
    05 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
    Black with a BIG wish list!

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    If you are looking for a 1.8T then dont bother with the 2.0l then. You should go for a test drive though and make up your mind that way.least then you havnt wasted your money on something your not happy with.

4th Gear

Status
    I went from a 4.2 V8 S6 to a 2.0 Non FSi A4 and find it perfectly adequate for daily driving. The FSi has 20 more BHP so should be slightly quicker than the non FSi 130bhp version. Mine is as fast as a 130bhp TDi and does 33-34mpg.. prob not that far off a 1.8T.. a 1.8T is better if you can get one, but the 2.0 is grand..

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Status
    Depends on what you want from it. A remapped turbo car is superb fun over a non turbo. The 2.0T fsi is the 1 you want though. Once mapped you'll see 250bhp+
    If it's got t*ts or wheels, it's TROUBLE!

BahnStormer

Status
    TorqueTerrorist... if he's asking on the B6 forum, then the chances are it's a 2.0 NON turbo since they only introduced those in the B7's.... (plus he specified 2.0 FSI).

The only real pro to the 2.0 FSI is that they're pretty good on insurance and can be bought for a steal, so if you're not doing much mileage, then they're a good choice. 1.8T will feel a LOT more punchy and remap to a lot higher BHP.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.