Brake Light Switch

sammi

Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone tell me where the brake light switch is located on a 2001 Audi A4 TDI 180 Quattro

I am at a garage with a friend and we cant locate it.

Many Thanks

...wouldnt it be above the brake pedal?well above but behind it if you catch my drift.
You may have to take the bottom panel off under your steering to see it.

Hi it just so happens i did this yesterday on my 2002 A4 tdi so here goes , with your drivers door open, unclip with a screwdriver the fuse box cover, then you will see a bolt 8mm undo this, then being a contortionist, get down in the drivers footwell and undo 2 more 8mm bolts from the same panel and take out, be careful of your pink obd connector multiplug, once you pull the panel out a bit unclip this! and then the panel can be removed easily, then with your head in the drivers footwell looking up towards the pedals, you will see where the clutch pedal is 2 switches, the brake light switch is the 1 closest to the passenger side, and you must unclip the multiplug adapter and then turn anti clockwise 45 degrees to take out from the pedal assembly! and voila job done, refitting is the reverse, but beware do not hit the brake pedal as the switches are a 1 hit only and you will need another!! (like me!!) all done takes about 5-10 mins, I forgot to say, there is a link somewhere on here that im sure someone will point you in the direction of soon.

Thanks all, job is done, no tc light on now or coil light flashing....