Frost warning on the DIS

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine disappears at minus 5.5C - how strange.

Frost008.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic:

Frost003.jpg

mine does this too. I figure its because noone would be silly enough to be out in this temperature so it doesn't bother.

Not been out in less than -5 this year yet but remember last year thinking the same thing when the ice warning disapeared after -5. I guess Audi give the driver some credit that after -5 there is a risk of ice and you dont need a picture of a snowflake to warn you! lol

Mine too, if it's an integer larger than 5 i guess it removes the ice warning.. poor software :D ... -7 is the lowest i have seen recently, took a pic because my boss didn't belive me :D

I'm sure it's supposed to do it, and there's not a problem with it, it was just an observation from me when I was bored this morning :thumbsup:

I'm sure it's supposed to do it, and there's not a problem with it, it was just an observation from me when I was bored this morning :thumbsup:

I think its because below -5 it would be quite obvious there is a risk of ice...

I thought the ice warning light was supposed to warn you just when the temp was borderline: i.e. 5 degs either side of freezing.... by minus 7 I think it's pretty obvious... I think if I lived in Canada somewhere and it never got about -5 for four months, that iamge would really wind me up!

I think the display looks really empty without it once you're used to seeing it!