004-11.jpg

005-11.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-6.jpg

008-10.jpg

009-15.jpg

010-7.jpg

011-11.jpg

Very nice, So do you have any plans for it??

very nice!

not that I'm a fan of huge lairy tailpipes, but if you're gonna put the Votex kit on the back, I think you need some Markyzs180-style tailpipes... or at least like J7USS's ;)

i agree with losty, bigger alloys too, i also think that the votex rear valance around the tail pipes should be the same colour as the bumper and that only the mesh should be black.

I agree on the tailpipes and alloys!

Nice car though, very good starting point :thumbsup:

alloys look okay - nothing to get too excited about, they suit the regular "sport" models fine and look a tiny bit weedy alongside the Votex kit... but the exhaust is teh bit that stands out: it's just strange to see a nice, moderately agressive aftermarket body kit like the Votex and then not to see some sort of "solid" looking tailpipes...

all iv done to car since purchase is an aircon re-gas, bigger alloys were on the cards and you can get tailpipe extensions if you have the vortex kit fitted which i will get.
The car is for sale as its not very tuneable so will be getting either a 1.8T or 2.0 TDI once sold

i didnt say it was bad, but seems only mods are cosmetic ones and that will bore me.....iv just sold a 560bhp evo 7 which iv done 90% of the work.
looking into doing a SC conversion as been pointed in that direction, 320bhp would keep me interested in the car

Wow.
Look forward to seeing how you get on then. Good luck and keep us posted.

Anyone do a supercharger kit for the 3.0 N/A? That should keep you happy for a while, never going to match the Evo though sadly.

So how do/did you find the 3.0?
I've currently got B5 1.9TDI Quattro Avant but looking for something with some more poke to it. My car before was a Integra DC5 with some choice mods which was pretty rapid. Was planning on the 3.0 but seems your not very excited about it?...

the 3.0 is the choice for silky smooth, refined motoring and tends to be well spec'd... but the 1.8T quattro will give you a lot more scope for modifying, from remaps to serious turbo upgades and it will be lighter too!

My car before was a Integra DC5QUOTE]
A little off topic I know but Ive been in one of them before and I gotta say I was shocked how that thing moved so quick.The rev range is massive.

The car is great for the spec it is, nice on a motorway run but coming from a tuning background with rst, cosworth,scoobs and evos this is quite a step down where as its not that tuneable apart from cosmetic so selling for either S4/RS4 or diesel A4

So how do/did you find the 3.0?
I've currently got B5 1.9TDI Quattro Avant but looking for something with some more poke to it. My car before was a Integra DC5 with some choice mods which was pretty rapid. Was planning on the 3.0 but seems your not very excited about it?...

ive been after one of these for months , still am , either a 3.0 or 1.8t , MUST have the votex bodykit and black leather though, that nsf wing puts me off though ,looks like its had paint as its a different shade to the rest of the silver

Question ! the "Sport Model" 2003 vintage should have door blades......you sure thats not an SE ?

Johnboy - The Last of the 'Sports (53 plates)' like THIS one had them then they switched to Sline.

How do you find it on fuel compared to say a 1.8TQS.

Would love one with the Votex kit on it, however the thought of fueling a thirsty V6 worries me. Is it in a higher tax bracket as well.

Its so hard getting my head around the variations of A4's, the sports/s-lines/gmbh kitted/votex kitted/prices varying its crazy!!

Just hope a 3.0TQS or 1.8TQS would feel better than my chipped golf gti!

J033Y - depends very much on which Golf GTI you had... there have been a few of them!!

mK4 (2001) 1.8 Turbo chipped to 196bhp (AGU engine)

wish i could find a car like yours lostbok, a 2.5tdi and with xenons and black leather and a quattro... thats my dream list.... and with what looks like the s-line kit!!! not sure if it is, baffled by all this gmbh/sline/sport carry on.

Thanks for the compliment: Mine is a very early V6 TDI Quattro Sport, so they all had factory Xenons and I think they also had leather fitted as standard: but sadly they also had really retro looking grey lower trim and 16" wheels which I've "had" to change... retro-fitting the S-Line kit was a bit expensive and the additional wheels were okay fine now i've got to use the "old" 16" rims for my winter tyres :)

If I had more cash, then I would have started with a much later "Sport" 2.5TDI Quattro which had the S-Line front, rear, boot-lip and door blades (just no sills) out of the factory and just spent soem time nunting around for one with Xenons and Leather.

RE the bodykits: read around on the forum through old posts - we had a LONG debate about it at one stage:

GmbH as a name is meaningless: it stands for "Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung " and is the German version of writing "Ltd" or "Pty Ltd" after a company name... it just means "limited liability company"... try not to use that to describe a bodykit, it sounds more like an insurance claim!

What you hear being referred to as "GmbH" kits is normally either a "Votex GmbH" or "Quattro GmbH":

Votex is the kit as per RSJOHN's car in this post. Very popular with A4 owners and I THINK it was actually offered by some Audi dealers as a post-factory add-on (feel free to contribute here guys).

Quattro GmbH was an Audi-associated company (like AMG used to be for Mercedes) which was brought in-house around 2002-2003 (when they were working on the R8) and now they design things like the S-Line bodykits (as per the A4's from 2003 onwards).

ABT is another popular "almost-Audi" bodykit... a lot less OEM looking, but was also offered by Audi Dealers while the Quattro GMBH was mving in-house... they still do kits for Audi as well as other manufacturers.

This post is property of "Lostbok Information Ltd / GmbH" ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment: Mine is a very early V6 TDI Quattro Sport, so they all had factory Xenons and I think they also had leather fitted as standard: but sadly they also had really retro looking grey lower trim and 16" wheels which I've "had" to change... retro-fitting the S-Line kit was a bit expensive and the additional wheels were okay fine now i've got to use the "old" 16" rims for my winter tyres :)

If I had more cash, then I would have started with a much later "Sport" 2.5TDI Quattro which had the S-Line front, rear, boot-lip and door blades (just no sills) out of the factory and just spent soem time nunting around for one with Xenons and Leather.

RE the bodykits: read around on the forum through old posts - we had a LONG debate about it at one stage:

GmbH as a name is meaningless: it stands for "Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung " and is the German version of writing "Ltd" or "Pty Ltd" after a company name... it just means "limited liability company"... try not to use that to describe a bodykit, it sounds more like an insurance claim!

What you hear being referred to as "GmbH" kits is normally either a "Votex GmbH" or "Quattro GmbH":

Votex is the kit as per RSJOHN's car in this post. Very popular with A4 owners and I THINK it was actually offered by some Audi dealers as a post-factory add-on (feel free to contribute here guys).

Quattro GmbH was an Audi-associated company (like AMG used to be for Mercedes) which was brought in-house around 2002-2003 (when they were working on the R8) and now they design things like the S-Line bodykits (as per the A4's from 2003 onwards).

ABT is another popular "almost-Audi" bodykit... a lot less OEM looking, but was also offered by Audi Dealers while the Quattro GMBH was mving in-house... they still do kits for Audi as well as other manufacturers.

This post is property of "Lostbok Information Ltd / GmbH" ;)

Thanks for that, that's very useful info.

Think i will be looking for either a 2.5tdi Quattro sport with black leather, xenons, and sline/gmbh kit or 1.8t quattro sport/sline (maybe even the 190 model!)

The hunt continues!!