EM TuningBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

What's Missing??? S4

Hi Guys

Since I bought my car I have had an occasional knock form the front nearside wheel area under heavy braking, I have had the car looked at a few times but told it was nothing to worry about

Today whilst fixing my washer bottle I removed the wing undershield and noticed this -

Looks like some form of bush missing just above the anti roll bar unless its supposed to be like this but I cant see it?

Anyone any ideas what should be there?

Best wishes for the new year everyone

Ken

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    That is nothing to worry about, its just the factory alignment point for fitment of the subframe in respect to the chassis.

The clunking is more than likely poor fitting pads

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks a lot thought, I had found the problem then. I have tried two sets of pads with 2 different manufacturers and replaced the the front disc's, its been through 2 MOT's without any problems so dont think its a bush, one of the mechanics told me its the coils spring moving in its seating but not sure

Thanks again

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Ive just started getting the same issue aswell. Mine mainly comes when I reverse and brake.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had a similar issue with mine a while back, dropped it into Audi and suggested that it sounded like the pads were moving in the calipers. There is a fix that involves modified springs being fitted to the caliper. All appears OK now.