New "Aero" wipers

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I've noticed that the newer A4's come with slimmer flexible wiper blades. Are these any better than the ones that came with my 2001 A4 B6? Mine do clear the water very well, but are very noisy. There is a knocking sound when the rubber flexes the opposite way as the wipers change direction. The knocking sound does dissapear at speeds over 65mph, but is very noticeable around town. I see that VAG parts sell the new type, but are they any good. They do look a bit light and cheap, but if they are quiet and shift the water as well. Do they float at speed or is contact maintained?
Thanks

I hadnt realised the new A4 came with different wipers, till I first had to use them! very very impressed - I like them very much, and would say theyre the best Ive had on any car (including E class) - they are really very flexible, they go into a big Arc when lifted off the screen.. contact at v.high speeds is no problem at all.. get them fitted! My ONLY negative comment.. I used to use RainEx a lot on my last car (cos it had very irritating wipers and anything that reduced their use was a good thing) and the new audi wipers do NOT like it at all!!! they go from smooth and silent to JUDDER JUDDER JUDDER instantly! Ever tried getting rainex off once its on? VERY irritating week or so! so I stick with top wipers and NO rainEx now..!

I'll probably fit these when the rubbers need replacing. How much did they cost from VAG Parts?

All the TT guys rave about the performance difference.

The most annoying thing for me is that over about 100mph, the wipers 'judder' all the time!

Do these wipers cure that??

I have used 'RAIN X' for years too,but have had no problems whatsoever on the A4. Maybe you should try cleaning the blades (neat screenwah and a rag) and the screen . I guess you have prob tried this already but its surprising how many people dont clean the wiper blades and moan they judder/smear/dont clean etc etc

I have suffered with clonky noisy wipers on my early 2003 a4 2.5 quattro since I bought it a year ago . Please can some one list the part numbers for the blades and arms required to convert to the new type . I went to Lancsters in Manchester and because I could not quote numbers I would not be able to order . Is there a "on line" dealer who stocks the parts ?

Ian