Hope this isn't the start

PMJ

need another DTM
Reaction score
Had an issue this morning.... Driving to work at a speed that can only be called illiegal, came off the motorway and got onto a side road... the car was running like it was only firing on 3 cylinders... got into the car park at work at it was idling so badly it was almost stalling.... had a quick look under the bonnet checked leads and wiggled the usual stuff but could not see anything obvious, anyone point me in a direction to look further at.... the car is A4 2.0t on an 06 plate...

That will be a B7 then, I would suspect a coil pack is on the way out.

Not good, the car only has 30k on it.... but it was driving it hard....seemed OK on the way home but was driven properly

Vagcom scan will tell you if its missing and which coilpack has failed...

I had th diagnostics put on it and it came up with the following

08801 P2261 008
Air recirc.valve for turbocharger - N249 , mechanical fault.

Again I am told that this is common, one thing I am finding is that there are alot of common faults with the A4, £20 for the part and £70 in labour plus vat... thats alot of money for a sticking valve that has been ok for the last two days...

If its just a case of taking the old one out and replacing it why not do it yourself mate? Ask a techy before hand if anything else needs to be done as well as just plumbing it in, I know its not vag stuff but with the newer mercs once you fit stuff, even stuff like injectors you have to code them into the ECU so it recognises them. Might be the same with the recirc valve on your a4, if not then have a go yourself and save yourself 70 quid!!

I bet its easy enough to fit aswell.£70 +VAT, cheeky B...........ards