Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: Audio Options

imported_jmsaurer

Audio Options

I'm going to be buying the A4 real soon. However, because I am an audiophile I need to have the best stereo system possible. I will definitely be getting the higher-end stereo system (Bose). I see it comes with a sub. I listen to a lot of techno/trance so bass and highs are important to me.

What I want to know is, how does this sound?

Is it powerful?

And, does it have an amp?

If I want to upgrade (throw in an amp, stronger sub, different head unit, etc.), can I trust someone like Circuit City or BB to do it or should I have the dealership do it?

Thanks for any and all help!

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_G4JSG

Re: Audio Options

I have the Symphony 2 BOSE system and it's far better than anything I have heard beofre, and I'm very fussy about my tunes. It's better than my m8s B&O system in his BMW....even he admits that.

The sub in the Audi isn't your base tube type of sub, it's more low to mid, won't shake your shades off the dash but does sound good all the same.

John

imported_jmsaurer

Thanks guys for your help. I wound up buying the A4 last Thursday. I love it! I bought one with the upgraded sound system, Bose. It sounds better than I had anticipated. Yes, it could be better as the bass is not quite as powerful as I had hoped. However, after researching on this forum and around the web, it looks like it would have been too complicated to upgrade myself.

John, you said you have the Symphony 2 Bose system. Where and how did you get this? Is this what I have? I thought/think I got the best audio system available in my class? However, it doesn't say "Symphony 2" anywhere, just Bose.

imported_Macduff

The Symphony 2 has a 6 CD changer, cassette and tuner in the head unit. The Concert unit is a single CD & tuner. The Bose system can be added to either.

imported_jmsaurer

I have the 6 CD changer, cassette, and tuner in the head unit. I did re-check my manual and it does say that I have the Bose Symphony system. However, it doesn't say anywhere that it is the Symphony 2.

My question, is Bose Symphony 2 different from Bose Symphony?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

imported_Macduff

If it's a new A4 then it's a Symphony 2

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    celica2A4 said:
    I have the 6 CD changer, cassette, and tuner in the head unit. I did re-check my manual and it does say that I have the Bose Symphony system. However, it doesn't say anywhere that it is the Symphony 2.

My question, is Bose Symphony 2 different from Bose Symphony?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Symphony = B5 A4 (99-2001 A4 & 2002 S4 - in the USA)
    Symphony II = B6 A4 (2002 A4->current in the USA)

If you got Bose then you have a Symphony II unit.

imported_jmsaurer

Thanks for everyone's help. I did get the '05 A4 so according to what everyone is suggesting, I do have the Bose Symphony II. I just wanted to make sure that I have the best possible (stock) system in my car.

To this point it sounds good. Doesn't have the highs that I was hoping for but the bass is exceptional (wish I liked more rap). I'm getting XM installed today. Can't wait to hear how digital satellite sounds.

Thanks again, guys! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]