What Oil for my 2003 1.8T convertible?

Trigger

Reaction score
Drove into work this morning and the Oil light warning light has came on, i havent got my manual ext with me and want to nip out at lunchtime to grab a litre of oil to top it up, what type is it that i need guys? I'll be heading to Halfords as that is the nearest place.

Pity it gets the model wrong when I type in my reg no...

AUDI (VAG)
A4 Cabriolet S4 4.2 (250kW QG1 Variable Service)
2003 -

No I don't have a 2003- S4 Cabriolet, I have a 2006 RS4 Avant!

It even has this footnote:
4X4 models using the Haldex clutch system; only use VW specified oil

A3 and TT have Haldex, but A4, A5, A6, A8 have Torsen - so it's a pointless footnote.

Last edited:
I just tried that link where you put your reg in and it says mine's a Multitronic! It's a Manual......

At least it got the model right unlike Petrol Dave's! Mind you, how rude thinking that you had an S4 Dave!

The silly thing is I DO use Castrol Edge 5w/30!

But the link also recommends it for my wife's Skoda Fabia 1.2 which is on fixed annual/10K servicing, and which it's over spec'd.

Drove into work this morning and the Oil light warning light has came on, i havent got my manual ext with me and want to nip out at lunchtime to grab a litre of oil to top it up, what type is it that i need guys? I'll be heading to Halfords as that is the nearest place.

Any oil that meets the VW504.00 is ideal, they generally tend to be 5w-30.

All these are VW504.00 approved http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-749-vw-50400-oil.aspx

Cheers

Guy

Mine actually read right for once, usually comes up as an A3 1.8T...:think: