Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

MPG figures on a 2.5 tdi v6 avant

hi all, due to the cost of fuel it looks like i am going to have to give up on the 1.8t avant so was looking at the 2.5tdi does any one know what the mpg is on these , and are they much more efficient than the 1.8t ....just looking at my options..

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Try a search, there are lots of posts on this.

My 180q averages 36 mpg on mainly B road driving - the tuning box I have gave me an extra 2-3 mpg.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

BahnStormer

Status
    My 180Quattro gets similar (I usually round it to 35mpg).

22-25mpg on a 2 mile round trip to the train station and back, cold engine, stop start and crawling up and down the high street. I used to get 15mpg on that trip in my old Golf 2.slow.

30-32mpg avg in traffic once warm.

40mpg @ 70mph on cruise control.

Around 50mpg or even more if you really "eek" it around 55-60mph... accelerate down hills, bleed off speed up hills.... generally really just p!ss off everybody around you

35mpg cruising at 85-90mph.

I think the lower power 2.5TDI's are quite different beasts... and only FWD, so tend to get much better economy.... but i'd still rather have the Quattro... only alternative would be the B7 3.0TDI, but I prefer the looks of the B6/B8, so think I've got a bit of a wait....
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

4th Gear

Status
    My 180 Quattro seems to back up previous comments low 30s nearly all short trips in the cityThe fwd is great in this weather down south but is does cost fuel .My sons 1.9 Quattro Sport gives him 40mpg but more motorway miles iinvolved and I think he wants to improve this but it may be his style of driving rather than tuning/servicing needed

Neutral

Status
    My 2.5 TDi 163 2 wheel drive, used on flat motorways most of the time gives 40 mpg on my 50 min trip to work when using cruise control at an indicated 82 mph.

Longer mixed trips when it is fully warmed up for most of the trip (say 3 hrs) usually average about 42 mpg. I was once early for an appointment and decide to cruise up the M1 at 50mph for 90 miles and averaged 65 mpg! This engine is old technology injector pump not common rail, but it's huge torque does make it relaxing and economical if driven gently.

6th Gear

Status
    Missus passat v6 tdi returns 45Mpg average mixed driving in London. Last summer in Europe we averaged 52Mpg with the cruise control set at 80Mph. Short motorway trips will take a hit but the engine is smooth and torquey and will pull happily in 6th at any speed. Me quattro v6 tdi avant does 35-38Mpg average but i dont baby-it at all. On a long run 45Mpg is about max. i will get. The v6 is built for cruising and will be as frugal driven at 100+Mph like a 4 pot at 80Mph (wich will need revving to keep up)... I take me cars abroad on a regular basis and they return 600 to 650 miles on a full tank fully loaded. A 4 pot tdi is not so relaxing and quite noisy on the same driving condition. When you consider that it will double the MPG of a petrol engine while doing the same speeds, then its a no brainer ! If you drive most in town with the occasional long drive on the motorway, then maybe the v6 is not for you...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

BahnStormer

Status
    ChrisAvant - They're just different beasts in terms of their nature - not necessarilly technology.... in terms of the metal, they're pretty much the same engine.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1st Gear

Status
    If you do go for the 2.5 engine I think I have a plug in module in stock for that which will give you more power and MPG. If it is still in stock you can have it for 100 plus shipping. It's a DPT unit so would normally retail for over 350!
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi 2004 - 20x8.5 & 20x10 Futura wheels and tints

To come: lowering, HIDs, full MB Quart and Orion sound system, covered interior trim, body kit

www.designerwheels.co.uk

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I have a DPT unit for mine and it's very good, extra 30bhp (quoted) and an extra 2-3mpg minimum (verified by me )

This is a deal for someone.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    The DPT units are great, we use them all the time. Very reliable and they don't over stress the engine like some other units and re-maps.
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi 2004 - 20x8.5 & 20x10 Futura wheels and tints

To come: lowering, HIDs, full MB Quart and Orion sound system, covered interior trim, body kit

www.designerwheels.co.uk

Reverse Gear

Status

Required action

Quote Originally Posted by John @ DW View Post
    The DPT units are great, we use them all the time. Very reliable and they don't over stress the engine like some other units and re-maps.

Hello john ,

Your replying to other pepole ,, i sent an e-mails many times and no reply Where is my wheels john ?? it almost going to be 2 month now and you told me 2 weeks .
    What is going on????