Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Only if the price is right

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not a chance

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

N80KRR

Reaction score
I have just become confident enough to start creating bumpers and moulding as there is a guy at my work who is willing to teach me all I would ever need to know. I was wondering if I could replicate S4/Votex/USP it a good enough standard who would want some peices made. This is only to test the water gauging how much interst there could be decides how seriously I am going to further my interests in the project. Any questions ask away.

I voted Hell Yeah, as if the quality was good enough, and the price was right i'd be interested. Have you got past experience of this, or just a hobby which you have become good at? :happy:

Well i started a job 2 years ago which has seen me become a 5axis cad/cam operator. The guy who will be helping me with any of my questions has 15 years expereince in the patterns and moulds industry. 10 of them making custom fairing for some of the most popular motorbikes. So between us I think we can produce some truly stunning gear for all of you guys to enjoy. Obviously I will be testing it all on my own A4 first to ensure I can get decent fittings ect. But after that the skys the limit.

i also voted 'hell yeah'

i was thinking about it the other day... if someone could make replica s4 door mouldings at the right price they would make a mint...

interested to see how this progresses!!!

"Hell yeah!" "If the quality is good enough" and "if the price is right" you can put me down for an S4 rear please.:icon_thumright:
and then we'll think about some RS4 arches! :hubbahubba:

Good luck with the practice runs, would be great if you can pull this off.

Last edited:
You'd make a Killing mate especially with the Door blades. Ive even looked into it before with a friend of a friend who knows his stuff with moulding etc!
Best thing to do is as you said, test the waters with a piece first for us all to see. :beerchug:

What Material will you be using????

Door blades all the way! I have often through about trying to get a supplier for them. Did it with VR6 splitter for mk3 golf back in the day, 100% mark up and for a fair charge to customers. I’m guessing they would be simple to reproduce compared to a bumper and would sell like hot cakes!!

S4 rear bumper please

I'll be another one requiring door blades! haha. They'd be pretty simple I imagine too (compared to bumpers as already mentioned)

Just hurry up and get it done! :p

The guy whose gonna help me have used vacuum forming with abs most of the time. I know how to use fiberglass so I'll probably stick with that. Does anyone have any pictures of the door blades? Doubt I'll be able to get original fixings for them so I'd probably have to create something which could be used with the same holes in the door. Also would I be correct in saying the S4 door blades protrude slightly more than just the s-line ones.

Yes thats correct.The S4 Blades are Bulkier than the S Line blades.
You'd be able to sell them to the Yanks for the right price too.S4 Blades are hard to find and at a guess I reckon you'll sell 15 sets straight away with the amount of people wanting them...

Just need some decent images I've got a couple but need to see some fittings and stuff.
!BgpfNKQBGk~$(KGrHqQH-CQEsLl17QsnBLGD3s!UWg~~_3.JPG

!Bgpo0,wCGk~$(KGrHqMOKiUErzGbPL,QBLGEefP+ew~~_3.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/16/!Bgpo0,wCGk~$(KGrHqMOKiUErzGbPL,QBLGEefP+ew~~_3.JPG
Thats the best I can find

Last edited:
people... if someone has s4 door blades fitted to their car can they please meet up with this guy and show them to him... give him measurements, fittings, pictures what ever he wants...

if these can be made at the right price and look identical to the real thing you will make an absolute killing

If the S4 door blades are much bigger, I think regular s-line ones may look best on my car, a bit more subtle. Hmmm. Anyway, somebody get this man some pictures!!! :whip:

I've drawn a front bumper up. And then all I would do is some point manipulation to sort the lip at the front and then add some vents.
I suppose I could even try and replicate an rs4 bumper. This is my basic drawing.

Bumper-vi.jpg

Also what sort of price do genuine door blades go for?
I thought around the £90 mark

Last edited:
It's looking good to me! I have no idea about price though. How will you do the fittings on the back etc? Are you just going to copy them from your own bumper?

yeah copy fittings so it's straight on straight off. No drilling or any of that crap. Door blades seem to have a curtain rail system from what I can see. I might be completly wrong if I am just tell me. The fixings seem to go into the groove on the blade itself which then fix to the door.

Also what sort of price do genuine door blades go for?
I thought around the £90 mark

Genuine S4 blades are around the £260 from Stealers for the set, Cheaper from PJM.

I think you'll get a lot more takers with a good quality plastic as that's what all the good OEM stuff is.... there's too much cheap fibre-glass stuff out on eBay, so a lot of people will avoid that instantly.

I know where your coming from but there's also plenty of cheap plastic ones too. I know I can get a good strong form from using fiberglass. But obviously I will be trialing the options.

thanks doc. Just looking into carbon too. Not sure if it'll go that far, but bumpers and door blades are being developed as I stop typing.