The cruisestalk

Kostas

Reaction score
i have The cruisestalk behind steering wheel does that mean i've got cruise control ?
it doesn't seam to do anything is it broken or does audi put things in and don't bother making them to work? :shrug:

When I bought my current Audi I couldn't get the cruise control to work!

So I carried out the following with VagC
om

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]

Enter 11463 to activate cruise control
[Do It!]

This will activate it if it isn't already
!

After doing this it still didnt seem to work for me!! After a while I noticed that I tended to drive with my foot slightly on the clutch. I then took my foot
well away from the clutch and tried again, this time the cruise control went on :banghead: It hasnt been a problem since, this may have been my issue right from the start.

Slightly depressing the clutch or the brake switches the cruise off or in my case stop it going on.

Sorry if this is stating the obvious. but .... you have got the stalk pulled right towards you have you? Pushing it away from you to its furthest point will fully disable the system.

ok so that means i've got cruise control just it doesn't work
can anyone advise me how can i make it to work again

After spending alot of time trying to sort my cruise out i would suggest you bridge the clutch switch contacts out to rule it out. Very common fault costs £9.50ish from stealers.

After spending alot of time trying to sort my cruise out i would suggest you bridge the clutch switch contacts out to rule it out. Very common fault costs £9.50ish from stealers.

ordered this morning from bristolaudi £12.16 will pick it up on tuesday :racer:

going back to James point.... have you tried driving at 20mph+ (30mph on some earlier models) and then making sure the stalk is in the position closer to the steering wheel (it only has two "static" positions, towards / away from the steering wheel)..... then press the "set" button on the end of the stalk and look for the little greenish colour speedo/clock icon just above the DIS....

A full scan using VAG-COM would be a good idea too.

If it comes up with faults like "clutch switch..." then you'll have your cause.

Was the cruise control factory fitted (check the option codes sticker in the boot and service book)? If not maybe the steering column electronics haven't been coded correctly?

happy days replaced clutch pedal switch & it works also noticed smoother gear changes thanks everybody for replays :racer::icon_thumright: