New member with new car questions.

I

imported_arkid

Hi, my wife just bought a new A4 1.8T in silver. I was thinking of changing the lower body moldings to those like on the S4 that flare out. I like the look they have without making the car too flash.
I was talking to 2 different dealers about it and neither of them could tell me if they would fit the A4 doors. Also, it looks like they are just held on by a couple of screws from the inside. Are there any other clips or glue holding them on?
Does anyone know if they fit and how difficult they would be to change?

One more thing. We have noticed an unbelievebly relentles squeeking coming from under the drivers seat, sounds like crickets in the car. We've taken it back in 4 times now and each time they say they fixed it but it reappears when we drive away. It's driving us crazy. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!!!

[ QUOTE ]
arkid said:
Hi, my wife just bought a new A4 1.8T in silver. I was thinking of changing the lower body moldings to those like on the S4 that flare out. I like the look they have without making the car too flash.
I was talking to 2 different dealers about it and neither of them could tell me if they would fit the A4 doors. Also, it looks like they are just held on by a couple of screws from the inside. Are there any other clips or glue holding them on?
Does anyone know if they fit and how difficult they would be to change?

One more thing. We have noticed an unbelievebly relentles squeeking coming from under the drivers seat, sounds like crickets in the car. We've taken it back in 4 times now and each time they say they fixed it but it reappears when we drive away. It's driving us crazy. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I think anything can be done with the right AFTER MARKET Dealers that sell skirts and all... Second, the squeeking might be coming from the springs inside your seat (it might be a defect).

G.