Water in the driver side footwell

Kostas

Reaction score
my a4 1.9 tdi avant drivers side footwell is getting wet noticed today when dropped the keys can someone advise me where is this water coming from and the way of stopping it before I start getting ecu problems :uhm::sos:

It is probably the drain holes block with crud in the bulkhead. You will need to take the cover off at the rear of the engine bay (if you have one?) and you may well find the water is even sloshing around in there. There are two holes I think, at least one is situated under the battery so that will need to come out too.

Thats the most likely culprit, but it could be windscreen seal, or even a sunroof seal if you are lucky enough to have one.

no water sloshing behind the cover but its wet in there is there anything I need to know before removing battery?

also I found this ''There are two drain holes, one under the battery and one behind the servo'' servo I do believe is placed top left corner of the engin bay do I have to take it out to get to the drain hole it looks a bit tricky?

I had the same with mine when I added a connection to my battery, I didn't replace the seal correctly therefore water was getting under, so I re sat the seal and bingo no water!!

I had the same with mine when I added a connection to my battery, I didn't replace the seal correctly therefore water was getting under, so I re sat the seal and bingo no water!!

what seal have you got some pictures? thanks

Here you go pal.

12961_225092680201_553060201_470523.jpg