JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

S4 Windscreen Washer bottle leak

Hi, Noticed that my washer fluid level warning was on last night so thought I would top the bottle up, as fast as I was pouring water in the top it was coming out the bottom

With it being dark I havent investigated whats happening but the washer system is working fine with whats left in the bottle so it isnt a pipe come of etc, whats involved in getting the bottle out? is this a common thing? we did have a hard frost last week not sure if this has split the bottle

Car is an 05 plate S4 cab, thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi All, I have a similar problem.

I can see the leak coming out of the bottom of the right hand side front wing (to the right of the wheel as you look at it). Anyone have any ideas where the leak could be coming from?

Thanks in advance!

Aron

Neutral

Status
    The washer bottle is behind the nearside headlight. either one of the washer motors has come out or the bottle has failed. Not sure if the bumper has to come off to change the unit though?
    Think i saw a picture of one on here in a thread called "headlamp wash retro fit" or something along those lines.
    I'm sure someone will be along to help out properly

Status
    Get a soldering iron and just seal it up would be better if you had a old washer bottle around to help make the patch.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Bumper does not need to come off.
    To take the washer bottle out remove the n/s front wheel and then the plastic wheel arch liner. The bottle has a top section and a bottom section with a rubber grommet sealing them together. My grommet had perished and required replacing - only noticed this when retrofitting Headlamp washers. Fitted a new seal all OK.

Here is a PDF on washer bottle removal

Headlight Washer Retrofit has some pictures Linked Here
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks everyone for the responses, thats really useful Woorlord weather permitting I will have a go at the weekend and let you know what the problem was

Cheers, Ken