Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

URGENT HELP NEEDEED!!!!! COOLANT ISSUE

just pulled into the street and my coolant level warnig flashed up, so when i looked the tank was empty! i have sourced the leak and a plastic connector onto the top right hand side of the radiator has came off, i have re connected the pipe but what should i do about filling the coolant back up??? i have no g12 so will normal antifreeze do just for tonight as it could possibly go below freezing! cheers for any info

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I wouldnt use normal AF unless you are prepared to fully flush the system before using G12. I would either leave it low and get some tomorrow, or top up with water as some mixture will have remain in the pipework and heater matrix so you will have some protection.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    I wouldnt use normal AF unless you are prepared to fully flush the system before using G12. I would either leave it low and get some tomorrow, or top up with water as some mixture will have remain in the pipework and heater matrix so you will have some protection.
    al do that mate, cheers, al just top it up with water and sort it out tomorrow, cheers

markA4tdi

Status
    remember tho boya if you top it up tonight with just water, you are actually diluting what is left in system! maybe better to just leave it and put the rest in tomorrow. obviously dont drive it tho if its low, other thing you could if your concerned is put a blanket or like over the engine (sounds daft but hey i do it with my hosepipe and sure others do aswell) as i know how cold it is around these parts!

2nd Gear

Status
    cheers for all the advice lads, the car has now had a full service with the coolant flushed and replaced. fingers crossed thats the last of my troubles!