URGENT HELP NEEDEED!!!!! COOLANT ISSUE

boya

Reaction score
just pulled into the street and my coolant level warnig flashed up, so when i looked the tank was empty! i have sourced the leak and a plastic connector onto the top right hand side of the radiator has came off, i have re connected the pipe but what should i do about filling the coolant back up??? i have no g12 so will normal antifreeze do just for tonight as it could possibly go below freezing! cheers for any info

I wouldnt use normal AF unless you are prepared to fully flush the system before using G12. I would either leave it low and get some tomorrow, or top up with water as some mixture will have remain in the pipework and heater matrix so you will have some protection.

I wouldnt use normal AF unless you are prepared to fully flush the system before using G12. I would either leave it low and get some tomorrow, or top up with water as some mixture will have remain in the pipework and heater matrix so you will have some protection.

al do that mate, cheers, al just top it up with water and sort it out tomorrow, cheers

remember tho boya if you top it up tonight with just water, you are actually diluting what is left in system! maybe better to just leave it and put the rest in tomorrow. obviously dont drive it tho if its low, other thing you could if your concerned :cold: is put a blanket or like over the engine (sounds daft but hey i do it with my hosepipe and sure others do aswell) as i know how cold it is around these parts!

cheers for all the advice lads, the car has now had a full service with the coolant flushed and replaced. fingers crossed thats the last of my troubles! :thumbsup: