Rolling road session with Chip'N'Spin on Sat?

Reaction score
How many of you guys are going to be there?

I was gonna "pop over" from London, but think I'll only be there from 8am-11am - anybody else likely to get in around the same time?

Just there for a power-run to see how the old girl is running :)

Last edited:
Tempted, just contemplating whether I want to spend the extra on super unleaded after a remap, as I only seem to be getting around 24mpg at the moment on the round trip to work.

I find mine ran like absolute crud after my dad borrowed it and filled it up with 98 octane....

(look at the sig for my A4 if you're still confused)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the remap isn't THAT fuel-specific, they'll recommend you run high octane / cetane fuel to get the full benefit of the remap (tend to give a cleaner burn and more torque), so either it'll feel faster or you can change up sooner (so performance / economy)....

I found with my B5 Passat that after the upsolute chip that it just ran 2 psi less boost using regular unleaded.

This was back when I had a sainsburys near home that sold super at same price as regular (about 15p a lt less than the local BP garage and was the same bp super at sainsburys, only problem was that the bp refinery only allowed sainsburys to have 1 tanker a week so they would sell out in about 2 days)

Ok I will be there, taken me all day to persuade the missus not to come along, I thought the mention of setting off around 6am would do it but it didn't.

ha ha... if she's a real petrol-head, then she'll be okay, but otherwise not too good: it's in the middle of an industrial estate, so hardly "good shopping" ;)

ha ha... if she's a real petrol-head, then she'll be okay, but otherwise not too good: it's in the middle of an industrial estate, so hardly "good shopping" ;)

Nope 5 mins in Halfords is her limit, so i really emphasized the fact it would just be blokes talking cars, while i waited for my tune up :sly: to see if the car was running ok, didnt mention the remap part.

Nope 5 mins in Halfords is her limit, so i really emphasized the fact it would just be blokes talking cars, while i waited for my tune up :sly: to see if the car was running ok, didnt mention the remap part.

Ha Ha... I think it's normally referred to as a "diagnostics check"....

still stuck working and I need to be back in the office in London by 3pm, so there's no way I could make it (well technically I could, but it's a fair old bit of a drive for the sake of less than an hour there).... plus the risk of not getting into work on time (lots of very p!ssed off people!)....

edit: okay - NO CHANCE NOW.... bah bah bah.... what a crock of "excrement".... don't care if it's "time and a half" it ought to be triple time if you already have plans!!!!

Last edited:
still stuck working and I need to be back in the office in London by 3pm, so there's no way I could make it (well technically I could, but it's a fair old bit of a drive for the sake of less than an hour there).... plus the risk of not getting into work on time (lots of very p!ssed off people!)....

edit: okay - NO CHANCE NOW.... bah bah bah.... what a crock of "excrement".... don't care if it's "time and a half" it ought to be triple time if you already have plans!!!!

Seemed a quiet one, think i was the only 1 from this forum, maybe 6 others from a VW forum also turned up

sorry I couldn't make it.... still stuck working.... just praying that xmas isn't gonna be this busy!!!

seen your sig.... is 218bhp the "fast-road" map?

Yes it is, I actually got a 46bhp gain today as when they downloaded my current map and did the before run they found my car was only loaded with the 180bhp software map and was only pulling 172bhp instead of the expected 190, can only guess that either it was originally loaded with the wrong software by Audi at the factory or that some numpty at an Audi garage has reflashed the ecu with the wrong software.

They loaded the 190 software today and then the fast road map. They said if i stick super in it from now on that they expect maybe another 10bhp from it once the ecu has settled down.

not bad returns for £250!!

Yes it is, I actually got a 46bhp gain today as when they downloaded my current map and did the before run they found my car was only loaded with the 180bhp software map and was only pulling 172bhp instead of the expected 190, can only guess that either it was originally loaded with the wrong software by Audi at the factory or that some numpty at an Audi garage has reflashed the ecu with the wrong software.

They loaded the 190 software today and then the fast road map. They said if i stick super in it from now on that they expect maybe another 10bhp from it once the ecu has settled down.