This is bugging me...

markA4tdi

markA4tdi
Reaction score
ok as title,this has been posted many times before but is it possible...
story is bought a4tdi a few weeks ago, esp/abs light kept on popping up on dash, no apparent reason or timing, but would always go off when you turned the engine off then back on again, drive a few miles, back on etc.

so back to the dealer, explained what was wrong, booked in for tomorrow (not audi dealer)to get diagosed and fixed (fingers crossed) but as sods law would have it, no matter what i drive like, it now dosnt come on,(only wanted it to when they see it tomorrow.

so back to my point, after giving you the background, when i bought the car it had been stood a number months (2 -3 max) so you know when the discs oxidise up when left, the fronts were easy to clear up again, however the rears took about 2 weeks to get nice and shiny ( i dont drive hard or long distances) so could it be possible that this was the reason in the first place why the esp/abs light was coming on?? and now they are all shiny again, it isnt?? would love some answers cos i really dont want these messing around with something that may of corrected itself! ( i hve heard that if you clear the history vault of codes via vagcom this could create more probs and i dont want that to happen.

my apologies for the long post, but im a bit baffled:think:

no, dont know anybody with that, the dealer is apparently doing that tomorrow, would it still show a fault if it isnt happening now.