HID'S

Niknak

Reaction score
Fitted my HID's today, 1st time I have driven with them and all I can say is WOW what an improvement, I would recommend them to anyone.

What K did you go for mate?
Small ballasts??

Sorted. Ive got to change mine to 4300k (looking too blue aswell as my sidelights) and small ballasts.One of mine is going dodge on me. Any pics of them on? What side lights did you get to match?

Not done the side lights yet, photos attached not the best due to the weather but you get the idea.

P1020928.jpg

P1020927.jpg

P1020927.jpg

Perfect
Mine are so blue compared to them and they are only 6000k
Cheers mate

Must be that time of the year, tbh I have had mine months now, and have never got round to fitting them, but one of my headlight bulbs went on Thursday so it sorta forced my hand.

Which K did you go for?

I'm at work and can't see the pics :banghead:

@J7 - I've had my 6000k over two years now, when I first fitted them they were fine, but like you I feel they are now too blue. I heard that thye do get 'bluer' over time.

oooh, i plan to do mine tomorrow guys, mine are 5000k.

Mine are not slim ballasts, will they still go on? It was a set i got from HIDs4U on my old car.

Where does everyone fit them? Its not a huge job to do is it?
Cheers!

Hello Guys,

Wouldn't mind fitting HIDs myself. Do they play up with the DIS showing blown headlight bulbs or do they seem ok?
I've heard of a couple of cars doing this as the HIDs seem to pull a litttle less current..

Cheers,

Mark

Mark
The one's I purchased as per the link are really easy to fit, just plug and play and all the connections are good quality so no bulb warnings.

I think it's possible to do with the lights in place if you have girls hands, but I would say it's far easier to do by taking the lights out.

guys, have you lot had to remove your head lights to install these?

Cheers!

Yes, your lights need to come out but its not that hard. 4 torx heads and they slide out. HID's are an essential upgrade on the A4 as the lights are soo poor. I think this pic shows the difference in a standard and xenon light.

IMG_0649.jpg

thanks for that.

don't know if i should replace my HIDs4U kit or not.... The ballests + ignitors are huge and i cant seem to find space for them in the A4... Also today i found they are 6k not the 5k i ordered 2 years ago! always thought they were a little blue... not sure what to do now!

Diff Bulb fitment!
Mount the ballasts under the headlight tray on the Drivers side and the passenger side I mounted mine in the Space directly behind the headlight. heres a pic from my old motor :
100_1713.jpg

ok, will take the lights out at work next weekend and see whats what.

Do you know what to do with the projector lights during EU use?

Hi everyone my first post so be patient I just fitted mine very pleased with them got them from hiddirect but now I'm a bit confused what color I have. I ordered 4300k but on the pakaging box it indicates H7 6000k how can I tell which one it is? is there a marking on actual bulb? there is some letters on bulbs but what they means?
try to post some pic latter when get round how to do it:detective2:

Hi everyone my first post so be patient I just fitted mine very pleased with them got them from hiddirect but now I'm a bit confused what color I have. I ordered 4300k but on the pakaging box it indicates H7 6000k how can I tell which one it is? is there a marking on actual bulb? there is some letters on bulbs but what they means?

Hope this helps:

ColourTemp.png

Or this:

gpsppccolour.jpg

Thank you for quik replay still not sure.I will try to contact seller

hwen I look in to the wall with headlights on it has a blue tint at the top of beam but then I look at actual light from furver away it does look a bit yellowish

thats an excellent post, them pics help me a lot! did you not get any warning from the crash sensor at all? also, how did you strap all that down? Cheers!

so far so good no warning lights coming up

it all held down by plastic bit where you fix the light not ideal would recomend couple screws and a plastic strap