Badger5Volks Autos
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: HID'S

Audi A4 1.8TQ

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieroo View Post
    That's what I'm going to do, just looking for another kit.
    If anyones interested i have a contact in Hong Kong and can get HID kit's pretty cheap, 50 US dollars roughly, even cheaper if bulk order, works out about 32 quid per set, that's any colour delivered to your door. the kits are pretty good but do not come with headlight lights out warning so you may need to get error cancelers.

http://www.vvme.com/single-beam-hid-...-44_45_23.html

The product is above
    Last edited by ronny; 29th January 2010 at 14:53.
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    i'm using them and they work fine for me no erors nothing

2nd Gear

Status
    Same here only problem i have is they sent H1 bulbs not H7
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
    i'm using them and they work fine for me no erors nothing
    But is also the same kit i am using and don't stop getting errors...

Kostas... i almost want you to have a look at mine and see if i have fitted them in any way different to yours!! lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Well just fitted mine and no errors so far i got the HIDs direct canbus pro ones.
    FOR SALE... 2007 Rns-e (sds), 2009 OEM bluetooth module, Flat bottom TTRS MFSW, steering wheel control module and slipring. All in Classifieds, Pm me if interested.

RS6 Avant, Milltek non res, Forge, ITG, Bilstein, Hotchkis.

Audi A4 1.8TQ

Status
    Just fitted mine too, i have had about 5 sets so far, like to keep trying different ones and at 30 quid a set you cant go wrong, took 20 mins WITHOUT removing the headlights hehe although my back is now killing me, I cursed Audi several times while trying to get the spring clips back in

Oh and this 4300 set starts of quite blue then goes back down to a nice white light, 2 days delivered from Hong Kong, can't be bad :P
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

1st Gear

Status
    Well fitted the 2nd kit today & still getting the same errors as the last kit but even more so with this one. Could it be down to the fact that I fitted this kit under the headlights as it's the slim ballasts I got? Where exactly are these sensors that it sets off? I'm getting brake warning light, traction, ABS, Airbag.

I did a test drive to check the ABS worked with the lights on while showing no errors so at least I know that when I turn on the lights first then the engine (only way of not getting the errors), the ABS is working fine. The misses will be driving it with my 3 month old Daughter so wanted to make sure it all worked, I did it a number of times & it worked fine.

All I know is that's two kits from two different sellers who both told me I would 100% not get errors with their kit!

1st Gear

Status
    Update:

Moved the ballasts from under the headlights to further up the engine bay & no more errors

Getting There

Status
    ok so i have just purchased a set of hids from hids 4 u as i have used them for 4 years with no probs
    the ultimate kit is rated at 35w and is error free, the kit is 220 and is plug n play. i have a discount code to give 30% discount if anyone is interested in that, but my question is;
    as i have never fitted these to an a4 b7 2.0 tdi ( only to ford and vauxhall )
    any tips on
    Mounting place for ballasts - i do not have slim ones
    do i HAVE to take bumper off and lights out ? - read the manual for a bulb change and it says ok on passenger side, air intake removal needed on drivers side
    how has everone routed the extra wires whrough the lamps ? previously i have had to dril or cut through and silicone them to seal tight
    any other general tips would be great

1st Gear

Status
    If you read through the previous pages of this thread you will find your answers. You do need to remove the lights, I found it impossible to change a bulb with them in. I hope for 220 you have better luck than me.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by doug.p View Post
    as i have never fitted these to an a4 b7 2.0 tdi ( only to ford and vauxhall )
    B7's have reflector headlights, these are not suitable for use with HID bulbs as they will dazzle other motorists.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    I fitted mine on monday night (54 plate 1.9tdi), all spot on with no probs, a big thanks to PJMSpeedy and Mrmule who reported which kits they had successfully used with no errors, i bought the same kit and now share the same success with this kit. My mate put them in his B7 with no issues either, i make that 4/4 !!! Just to help those who are still pondering
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
    I fitted mine on monday night (54 plate 1.9tdi), all spot on with no probs, a big thanks to PJMSpeedy and Mrmule who reported which kits they had successfully used with no errors, i bought the same kit and now share the same success with this kit. My mate put them in his B7 with no issues either, i make that 4/4 !!! Just to help those who are still pondering
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    No prob bro.

2 of my friends (not on here) also bought the same kit for their B6's - no probs. One thing we have all noticed it that when the lights are on, the LED behind the sidelight sign on the light switch isnt illuminated, and or sometimes flickers. Doesnt bother me though.
    B6 A4 1.9TDi Multitronic Sport GmbH|Black|HID|Auto lights|Cruise|Bose|Rear sensors|Alpine IVA-W505R|18" RS4 ET35|Cupra R splitter|54k miles

Nice to do: Black optic conversion|Retro fit sunroof|Drop 20mm & Hotchkis bars|Full Tint|B7 Paddle shift MFSW|Black leather & Alcantara seats

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmule View Post
    No prob bro.

2 of my friends (not on here) also bought the same kit for their B6's - no probs. One thing we have all noticed it that when the lights are on, the LED behind the sidelight sign on the light switch isnt illuminated, and or sometimes flickers. Doesnt bother me though.
    Funny we get a flicker from our light switch too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345