K04 power output

howdy quattro

Reaction score
right i'd like to hear from anyone with a k04 turbo fitted or anyone who knows what hp i can expect to get safely, but at the top end of the scale if you know what i mean!

depends how far you going with it Howdy!

Typically you'll be grabbing around 260 - 270bhp with Manifold/Injectors/Custom map/Exhaust...

You need to talk to the "Docurly" I reckon, he'll sling you in the right department.
Im sure he's got the K04 Outlaw mate!

well i got a mate with a 3.2 tt and its only standard but he's smug about it being quicker than mine, i'd atleast like to scare him abit!!

260/270 is pushing it on a std K04-15 TBH. More like 240-250 with a decent tuner.

I made 250 on my Outlaw turbo in my B5 but with a "generic/custom tune" and all with std injectors. They were running at 100% duty on WOT.

I am now going outlaw with 340cc injectors, FMIC, Sports cat and exhaust,higher flow ex manifold and a "proper" live remap. Even then i am looking at a reliable 270 ish.

I am not saying higher outputs are not possible, but how hard do you want to push ?

Ok this is on a B5 and B6 managment is better/cleverer so maybe slightly better would be available.
just my 0.2

There you go, Mark Knows what he's talking about.
By the way mark, how many variants is there of the K04??? whats the K04-23?? :think:

k04-23 is a std turbo on the higher powered S3s. the Outlaw is a turbo that suits our cars but has the internals closely matched to that unit.

aahhhhh right, Im getting it now. The outlaw is defo on Bday list (feb) - just need to sweeten up the mrs....and make sure she gets the overtime in.:)....ill meet her half way!