Alarm doesn't make indicators flash

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Our lasses Y reg A3 does, but mine doesn't.
All the doors lock, the boot locks and the red led's flash.
but the indicators don't flash when arming or disarming.

Is this something vagcom can disable/enable?

VAG-COM can code indicator/alarm flash...... Link Here @ Ross-Tech

See "Central Convenience" module #46

Check your coding for this module ref Flashing indicators.
Check out Bits 1/9/10 for the actual module coding.

ref Electric Windows, (& sunroof), total closure,
Check out Bit 6 in module coding in combination with Adaption Channel 62.

Cheers Woorlord, Which Vagcom would be right for my car? 2001 2.5 Tdi quattro

It's all to do with the cable.
Purchase a genuine Ross-Tech Cable and you will have no problems.
My personal recommendation is the VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable and this will do any Audi you have now (2001) or likely to have if newer. This is the one I have - although can be very expensive - but it's paid for itself for me in one fix of replacing my convenience module. Bought mine when GBP£1=US$2 directly from the US.

Cheap Ebay cables have limited functionality and you have to use "old" VAG-COM versions. I have no experience with these cables, although my mate has nothing but trouble and ends up bringing the car around to get sorted with my cable!!

Ah cheers for the advice. I saw a hex-usb+can on a us site for 79 dollars. Would that be right?

you can have the 'chirp' enabled as well, the alarm will beep to confirm its been set :)

if you contact NHN on here he can supply you with a genuine cable and vcds from ross-tech

I've seen that, Do i buy our lass a christmas present? or my self a vcds? I suppose she has a vag too.... lol

Ah cheers for the advice. I saw a hex-usb+can on a us site for 79 dollars. Would that be right?

I paid ~£185 (inc. P&P) for mine direct from Ross-Tech where it was listed for US$350 (exc. P&P).

$79 seems a bit cheap and does not sound Original?

I originally bought an eBay cable and tried to get it to work with VCDS (VagCom) and had nothing but problems so decided to buy one direct from Ross-Tech.

Its more than paid for itself in sorting out stuff like replacing the convenience module and modding the settings such as window control (open/close) with the remote keys, retrofitting RNS-E, Bluetooth etc :icon_thumright:

She'd get over it, wouldn't she?
Might have to check the ol' fund 'ank

If the lights do not flash, this generally means the alarm is not armed.
You may have an issue with a door, boot or bonnet sensor.
VAG-COM will identify this, I would say however that its HIGHLY unlikely that a previous owner would have used VAG-COM to disable the alarm confirmation lights.
I'll put money on it being an alarm fault.

VAG-COM will identify this, I would say however that its HIGHLY unlikely that a previous owner would have used VAG-COM to disable the alarm confirmation lights.

Either way - VAG-COM should provide the answer!

Door leds flash though?
Windows don't go up with holding down lock on the alarm either, but it does when i keep the key turned.

Maybe get someone local to check it with their vagcom before buying it.
Although I have a copy and don't even own an audi any longer!

It is a worthwhile buy.

I paid ~£185 (inc. P&P) for mine direct from Ross-Tech where it was listed for US$350 (exc. P&P).

$79 seems a bit cheap and does not sound Original?

There are 2 types, microcan for all MK5 based Golf Technology Models which dont think yours comes under mate & then there's the Hex-Can-USB that does 99.999999% of vag cars old/new which is what I sell, 100% genuine & RT can confirm this if need be.

The current price from RT is nowhere near 185 delivered, more like £270-£300 with P+P & import charges, worked it out number of times, mine is £241 delivered via SD & is identical.

PS: Just checked, its £243 from them today, this is without import taxes so add another 10% minimum I should think, so more expensive for same thing I sell.

The $79 one is counterfeit, wont get supported by RT, I unfortunately wont help counterfeits as I think thats unfair overall to RT, also it wont ever update to newer versions of vagcom, so its IMHO a wasted expense, originals hold high resale values aswell, no brainer if you ask me.

I originally bought an eBay cable and tried to get it to work with VCDS (VagCom) and had nothing but problems so decided to buy one direct from Ross-Tech.

Its more than paid for itself in sorting out stuff like replacing the convenience module and modding the settings such as window control (open/close) with the remote keys, retrofitting RNS-E, Bluetooth etc :icon_thumright:

Spot on mate, it usually pays for itself in the 1st use easily, not one person has complained about the system or gone faulty, one did get damaged by car running it over but thats a user fault, lol.

Either way - VAG-COM should provide the answer!

It would determine the issue on most cases with some common sense & research, possibly fix on 1st use aswell.

A £300 quid answer though.

£300, £241 chris, but lets look at it from this way, audi charge £100 an hour or more, so 2.5 hours or less with them & then possibly the next visit or buy vagcom, mostly fix yourself or find a cheaper garage to tell of the faulty component & each use afterwards is free, where as audi will charge every single time, again no brainer.

Door leds flash though?
Windows don't go up with holding down lock on the alarm either, but it does when i keep the key turned.

Coding could be the issue here, need to scan the car for logs or errors, also do your windows roll up with one touch on the window switches, if not reset these by rolling up/down with switch constantly pressed, this resets auto operation & maybe will fix the remote window up issue, maybe not, but vagcom will help for sure.

Maybe get someone local to check it with their vagcom before buying it.
Although I have a copy and don't even own an audi any longer!

It is a worthwhile buy.

Very worthwhile & my sig has users in areas to get a scan, but its about convenience aswell, driving to them, beer tokens, driving back etc etc time costs money to remember guys.

Windows work perfectly on one touch fella.
I reckon he's had it turned off. I read somewhere some people do it after finding they've gone down?

Only few ways forward, goto dealer & have ur butt ripped out from under you or get someone to scan/buy vagcom yourself, PM if interested in the latter.

My local audi is a shocking 72.50+vat per hour lol
I think i'll order a vcds from you as we have 2 audis. Did i read it does bmw's too? My brother has a MY02 3series.

I rest my case, lol.

Sorry mate think maybe you misunderstood, Chris is a bmw freak :undwech: but he holds onto his cable just to feel part of the scene still, lol.

Nah seriously only VAG cars, so Seat, Skoda, Audi, VW & I wonder if this will be ported to the other VAG brands or has already huh.

Cheers Nigel? I'll have a good think. I do like to tinker!

If i remember correctly open your drivers side window with the door button, keeping your finger pressed until it is fully down the up, again keeping your finger pressed on the button until it is fully up.

You should then be able to open and close your windows with your keys, it also lets you open your windows fully with a quick single press of the door button:thumbsup:

would love to see her face on christmas morning as she looks blankly at a usb lead then proceeds to tie it into a garotte and places it around your neck......
Can't say too much shes a user of this site.. :whip:

Just tried your idea to no avail :(

would love to see her face on christmas morning as she looks blankly at a usb lead then proceeds to tie it into a garotte and places it around your neck......

Fly on the wall at that precise moment, would be highly enlightening, kinda beadle moment (RIP).

If i remember correctly open your drivers side window with the door button, keeping your finger pressed until it is fully down the up, again keeping your finger pressed on the button until it is fully up.

You should then be able to open and close your windows with your keys, it also lets you open your windows fully with a quick single press of the door button:thumbsup:

Andy already advised this mate, he said they work fine, so isnt this.
Windows work perfectly on one touch fella. I reckon he's had it turned off. I read somewhere some people do it after finding they've gone down?

hi there i have this problem as well, my car is a 1999 a3 1.9tdi, the alarm when set dose not flash the indicators but the door pins go down and the leds flash, but when you disarm it will flashe twice as should, you can arm it and set the alarm off and the indicators flash but no noise, the windows work off the key, everything works but does not just flash when arming it and it did. i have a vagcom 450 it just seems to tell me error codes and thats it really, any help at all out there it is bugging me now