Chris NottBadger5

Thread: Engine problem

Reverse Gear

Status

Engine problem

i have a 02 a4 tdi 130. i have recently i have changed the fuel filter the car is shuddering at low revs but then pulls clean and stops. is it a fuelling problem? the esp light also comes on. any help my heads in bits.lol thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

markA4tdi

Status
    was it doing this before you changed your fuel filter? did you fill the new filter up with diesel when you fitted it and prior to reconnecting the pipes? as there is no hand prime pump on these (or not 1 i have seen anyway) it certainly sounds like you have air in the fuel lines, i dont think the esp light is connected with the fuel filter change.
    Last edited by markA4tdi; 26th November 2009 at 19:56.

Reverse Gear

Status
    yes i filled the filter. and no it has just started. could it be an injector and what are the symptoms of a fooked 1? thanks

markA4tdi

Status
    chances are it still points to air in your lines when youve reconnected the pipes, signs of this (and possible other knackeredblocked etc) are restricted return, insufficient fuel supply, poor fuel quality , bad injector, fuel pump, are all possibles but if everything was running ok before this, it almost certainly points to the change you did and air in fuel lines, once you get it started can you keep the revs up around 2k-3k and try to get it through the spluttering/stalling stage ? most of the time once you keep starting it and turning it over the fuel flows through as normal and everythings ok, however if you have a large amount of air, its a case of bleeding it, and getting the air out, (i know its so obvious)