What stud pattern is a 2002 A4 TDI?

reggieroo

Reaction score
Website
www.theirishshop.co.uk
Hi there,

We've just bought a 52 plate A4 TDI & looking for some new wheels.

Been looking on ebay but unsure what will fit, I would like 19".

Is the stud pattern 5x112 & what offset should I be looking for?

Regards

Paul

these figs i just got off a wheel manufacturer website, but im sure someone will advise further.
5x112 and offset typically + 45, 40, 35

19s id go et40 with a 235/35 19 if your on a 40mm plus drop , et 35 if your anything upto 30-35mm .

Don't think I'll lower it unless it looks like it really needs it, the misses will be using it for work 70k a day & part of her journey takes her down some bumpy country rds out of the village & various other crappy rds.

I was hoping the 19s would fill the arches enough so it didn't need lowering.

What about 20s, do they fit the A4?

You may need to lower your car. Is your car a sport or s-line model. If not the car will sit up high on 19" wheel's due to standard shock/spring set up..

You will need to lower the car then. look at some of the A4 b6 in the picture section at the top of the page you might find a member who has a SE with large wheel's. Why 19" ?? You may find 18" will look fine .

I have an standard SE with 18's - it will deffo need lowering:

Doorrings006.jpg

James with the 18" do you have more body roll. I think if Reggie went from 16's to 19's the car would feel unstable.

There isn't any 'more' bodyroll than with the 16's. It actually rides very well, and is a near perfect mix of handling and comfort - I would like to lower it for looks mainly, but also to firm it up a bit in the twisty bits.

The tyres are 40 profile as opposed to the previous 55's, and that is quite pronounced in how firm the turn in is compared to what it was before.

You will need to lower the car then. look at some of the A4 b6 in the picture section at the top of the page you might find a member who has a SE with large wheel's. Why 19" ?? You may find 18" will look fine .

If I can get 19s to fit then 18s wouldn't be an option for me to be honest. I've been rolling around on 20s for the last 7-8 years on various cars like Lexus, BMW so anything less than 20" look small to me now. If I could get 20s on the Audi then I would :yes:

There isn't any 'more' bodyroll than with the 16's. It actually rides very well, and is a near perfect mix of handling and comfort - I would like to lower it for looks mainly, but also to firm it up a bit in the twisty bits.

The tyres are 40 profile as opposed to the previous 55's, and that is quite pronounced in how firm the turn in is compared to what it was before.

I know what you mean about lowering, you want to for looks but at the same time your worried about losing comfort. I'll probably have the same dilema at some point.

For us the A4 will be our family car that the misses will use for work 70k a day so I need to consider her more than myself although I won't rule it out in the future.

I have a 7 series that I lowered around 25mm using Eibach springs & can't say I noticed a loss in comfort but it was super comfortable anyway & if you use a progressive spring & only around 25mm it should be fine.

Numerous people here have had 19's on so that wont be a problem with the correct offset.

I've seen some wheels on ebay with an offset of et 45. Am I right in thinking that the wheels will sit in further with this offset than say an offset of et 35 & any ideas if it would look ok?

hmmm.....depends on the style of the wheel, my original bbs rims were et43 and i really didn't like the way they sat so i decided that i wanted et35's when i replaced them, when my new ones turned up they were et42!! i put them on anyway and to be honest i'm glad they didn't have the et35 set as i think they'd have looked stupid!
have you not got a wheel place local to you? it may be best to see a set on before deciding which offset to go for...

You could always get spacers if the price of the wheels is right.

Ended up buying some 19" RS4 reps, I was told the offset was 45 when I actully went to fit them I discovered that the front was 45 & the back was 35mm offset.

Got them all fitted now & it looks a lot better.