I have made the purchase!

chrisash32

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
Well after listening to views from everyone in my post last week and having a good think about that i wanted i finally made the purchase this evening.
I ended up with a 2004 Audi A4 Avant - 1.9 TDi 130 Sport with S-Line body kit.
Can not wait to pick it up, 1st of December is the pencilled in date as i am away for a week with work as of the end of the week.

The dealer has offered me a set of new 18inch replica S-Line wheels with tyres for £250 which i don't know if i should get or not... The 17 inch ones that are on now are in good nick...

Will upload some pics when i pick her up!

Cheers!
Chris

hey, nice buy chris...take the wheels as long as you can keep the 17's as well :)

Thanks,
Just spotted in your sig you have the RNS retro fit.. Can you fit the if the A4 has the climate control in the 2nd DIN slot? Can the climate control unit be moved down at all??

Need to start thinking of mods now! :)

Congrats Chris :)

I agree with the 18's - just be wary of the quality of some reps.

yes the rns-e can be retro fitted, the climate can be trimmed and moved down, youll need a double din cage to take the rns-e, can all be fitted in a couple of hours.
i had single din and did the conversion myself as have plent of others on here.
its a nice upgrade too.

yes the rns-e can be retro fitted, the climate can be trimmed and moved down, youll need a double din cage to take the rns-e, can all be fitted in a couple of hours.
i had single din and did the conversion myself as have plent of others on here.
its a nice upgrade too.

Excellent! Thanks for that! Are there any guides on the forum of how to do it?
I retro fitted and MFD2 into my current SEAT but that was very straight forward as nothing needed to be "moved"..

Thanks

Chris

anything in particular?

Are they new wheels? I've heard horror stories of them buckling at the slightest pothole. See if you can find out the make of them as someone on here may be able to advise.

Are they new wheels? I've heard horror stories of them buckling at the slightest pothole. See if you can find out the make of them as someone on here may be able to advise.

Yes, they are brand new wheels, being sold as a discounted package with the car. I will try and find out the brand.

Cheers
Chris

Something i do what to know, i see some of the sport models have the chrome surround on the windows? Mine doesn't have this, is this something i can order from the dealers in "stick on" form?

Cheers
Chris

Something i do what to know, i see some of the sport models have the chrome surround on the windows? Mine doesn't have this, is this something i can order from the dealers in "stick on" form?

Cheers
Chris

if you have a nosey around this forum you'll find most people ask about blacking them out not putting them on!

Ref the RNS retrofit...I was lucky as I had a double-din symphony unit in there anyway so it was a two minute fit then 10 minutes with 1wheel coding it up properly with vagcom, as he said you can trim your current cc unit or look round for a double din one if you don't fancy taking the saw out!! I have a retro fit how to guide in pdf format, if you want it drop me a pm with your email addy and I'll send it to you....

Thanks for that!

I asked about the Alloys yesterday and the dealer told me that they are unbranded. So i don't know if i should get them or not...
We would be doing a 50/50 purchase, so max cost to me would be £200...
Not too sure what to do...

Thoughts?

Are you buying them out of the 'obligation to have 18" wheels'? Would you actually choose that style from all the available options available, or are you buying them just because they have been offered?

Why not save the £200 and put it towards a set of oem wheels of your own choosing after looking into all available options. It seems that if you're not sure about these then they aren't the right wheels for you.

Personally, as you have said your wheels are in good condition, I would rather have a set of oem 17's than replica 18's - because with all due respect at that price they wont be the best quality.

Last edited:
point well made! i think you are right!
What was putting me off was the fact they they are not OEM...

all excited now and still over a week to wait!!

Well I think you're missing a bit of a deal......

Not all replicas are poor quality and trust me there are plenty of OEM 10 spoke RS4 owners that have had to replace wheels that had buckled due to being soft or cracked for being too brittle!!

To get a set of MINT oem RS6's you will be looking at 600+ otherwise you've got to get a used set that need refurbing, bear in mind James that you picked yours up for a steal then refurbed them yourself, not everyone has the time/inclination/skills to do this themselves so add on 250 for a pro refurb and its getting a whole lot more than the 200 quid he can get the reps for.......

Other option is, pay the 200, take the wheels then stick em on ebay for 400....100% profit!!!

Talking bout rs4 replicas, what are the best replicas to get? ive been looking on ebay there are a few drifferent sellers, ive heard that wheelbase reps are ment to be quite good is that true? but im not keeping the front tyres probly gona get some toyos or something similar

cheers

12961_218397305201_553060201_4646981_1901194_n.jpg

First picture!

I am thinking some windows tints are needed!

Also, there is a bass box in the boot, does that mean it has the BOSE system?

Cheers!
Chris

If it has Bose it will have a little badge on the speakers, and also say 'Bose' in the display when you turn the headunit on.

Jimmeh, thats a stunning A4 of yours!!!

You do the detailing don't you? Think i have seen your website :) (if i am right!)
Was going to give you a shout about prices for a good tidy up to get the paint on top form! I think its had one too many car washes!

Drop me a PM and we can have a talk about it!

Cheers!
Chris

First picture!

I am thinking some windows tints are needed!

Also, there is a bass box in the boot, does that mean it has the BOSE system?

Cheers!
Chris

Is it an actual Box with a Sub or is it in the shelf??

just picked her up!! and WOW what a car!!!

Bit miffed that it doesn't display MPG, i hope that just as simple as a stalk change and not the whole cluster!

Cheers
Chris

heh, I haven't got the MPG either. It nearly stopped me buying it!

I've not looked into the conversion much, but, I know its possible.

I nearly snatched my deposit back when i found out mine didn't do it!!!

I would hope that conversion is just a simple as adding the stalk and enabling it in vague-com... Or is that really too simple?

Something tells me a 'chip' is required for the clocks.. Could be wrong though. Best bet is to hit the search boc up top.

Do let me know how you get on.

Did you get my mail, Chris?

Something tells me a 'chip' is required for the clocks.. Could be wrong though. Best bet is to hit the search boc up top.

Do let me know how you get on.

Did you get my mail, Chris?

Hi Jimmeh, i got your email, just wanted to give the car a good clean and check over myself before i decide what i want to do :)

Also, i spent some time searching for this DIS thing last night and came across this cracking forum thread!!

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a4-s4-cabrio/68576-retro-fitting-dis-cruise-a4-b6.html

To summarise it is just a case of changing the stalk, grounding a PIN on the cluster and enabling it in VAG-COM.

And this guy will do the full job for you start to finish if needed!

http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/products/index.asp

Going to get mine booked in ASAP!!!

very nice chris, great colour, did you have the wheels in the end?

Didn't go for the wheels in the end as i didn't think they were that much different to the 17's that were on it!

Going to give her a clean today and will get some decent pics up later!

Cheers
Chris!

forgot to ask - is there anyone with vag-com in Cheshire / South Manchester that would be able to change some parameters for me?

I have my own lead but don't really know how to use it as the A4 seems to use a different method of coding compared to my last SEAT.

Cheers
Chris

just picked her up!! and WOW what a car!!!

Bit miffed that it doesn't display MPG, i hope that just as simple as a stalk change and not the whole cluster!

Cheers
Chris

I added the DIS stalk to get the trip computer, I bought the stalk of a fellow member for £45, a couple of hours later and it works dead on. There is a thread that I added my info to.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=78732

Last edited:

check with Gareth at VWcruise (Hazzy Dayz) he does fitting aroudn the country and will do bulk deals if there's several of you wanting to get the work done in one particular area.... worth checking his prices if nothing else...

http://www.vwcruise.com/2.html

It's a very straight-forward upgrade, as mentioned before:£40-£50 for the parts and an hour or so's work Gareth's brother fitted mine + the cruise control and vag-commed it all in <1hr - you'll be pleased to hear, it is NOT the whole cluster (that's about £500 in parts!!)...

Cheers for that! I might drop them a line..

I have just ventured into the Audi with vag-com.. Bit of an experience as its the first time i have done coding, only used it in the past for faults.

Ended up having some fun, turning on a few features i wanted:
- Door + Boot Lock at 10mph
- Alarm Beep on Lock
- Drivers door on 1 button press
- Total Closure

Going to try and get some pics this eve :sm4:

Finally got out to take some pics!
This manchester weather has not been on my side all week!

12961_223531485201_553060201_4693143_528449_n.jpg

12961_223531880201_553060201_4693149_2923068_n.jpg

12961_223532005201_553060201_4693152_6448791_n.jpg

12961_223532175201_553060201_4693157_4934288_n.jpg

Will get some daytime ones this weekend!

Loving the pics mate!! I know what yo mean about the Manchester weather, I am at uni here, and it sucks, it always rains. Car looks really nice now it's cleaned up. Looks like you need to learn to park straight though :p

Just out of curiosity, what does the red screen in the middle do if it doesn't display mpg etc? It seems so odd that Audi left it this way, i'm guessing it was an optional extra to have the DIS?

I really need to get mine cleaned, and get some pics up. I only got it 2 weeks ago also.

Loving the pics mate!! I know what yo mean about the Manchester weather, I am at uni here, and it sucks, it always rains. Car looks really nice now it's cleaned up. Looks like you need to learn to park straight though :p

Just out of curiosity, what does the red screen in the middle do if it doesn't display mpg etc? It seems so odd that Audi left it this way, i'm guessing it was an optional extra to have the DIS?

I really need to get mine cleaned, and get some pics up. I only got it 2 weeks ago also.

Thanks for the comments! :) Manchester weather has been awful over the past few weeks!!

The red screen on mine displays Track info from the CD, Temp and also Miles to empty.. See Piccy :)

12961_222192810201_553060201_4682554_6163227_n.jpg

I wanted to get DIS done this weekend but cash flow really isn't too good after just buying a new car before christmas!

Confident i can do it myself now though :)

Ahhh, so it's always stuck on the Miles to empty then, i see!! I got lucky with mine as I can do all the mpg stuff etc. When I first got it I was sure there were no optional extras, but now as i've had it for a few weeks, i'm realising there are a few! :)

Good luck with the DIS stuff too, and let us know how you get on. I know what you mean about the cash flow, i'm feeling exactly the same way having just bought mine too. I really need a 2nd key though, so not got much choice there unfortunately. The remap will be early-ish next year hopefully.

First picture!

:respekt:Looks just like mine did when I got it a few years ago.

Here it is now with some subtle OEM style upgrades (not very clean though :3sadwalk:):-

c25e1341.jpg

240120092848.jpg

Tint is 35%, but if I was doing it again I'd go with 20% like the OEM privacy glass being B pillar back on an avant. I'd go lighter if I had the fronts done too though.