S-line Gear Knob

talk to PJMSpeedy - he can normally match most of those eBay "Buy Now prices" (i.e. just below stealer prices)

Cheers lostbok, This might sound dumb but did they fit the s-line gearknob in cars with 5 speed? :confused: I just assumed they were fitted to 6 speed cars hence the reason for looking on fleabay for a 5 speed version.
I'll check with him and find out.
Thanks

:thumbsup:

okay... I stand corrected (well, self-corrected :) ).....

Looks like there was never a B6 2.0 petrol S-Line..... or 1.9TDI 100PS... or 1.8T 150PS... or 2.4.... and couldn't think of any more that were likely to have 5 speed, so had a look at the B7's, since 90% of the interiors are interchangable.... I assume the gaiter / gear-shift is too....

The B7 1.6 S-Line is 5 speed...

As is the B7 2.0 20V S-Line...

oooh.... and the B7 1.8T FWD 160PS.... (but NOT the quattro!).

Okay, I'm going to stop now before the uber-geek alarm goes off!!

the 5 speed badge from your existing gear knob is an exact fit, i bought one and had the same problem and just used my old badge.
the gaitor however will not fit your car, its for an A3

i bought one off the bay, i made my original gaiter fit, alls fine, id say they were a good buy.

i bought one of those in 6 speed, you need to remove the surround at the bottom from the new one, and replace it with your original. its a bit of a stretch to get the new gaiter onto the old surround but looks good when fitted. hard to explain, easy to do.