Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J7USS View Post
    No link there mate...
    Sorry

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Painted-Audi-A...item2a021428ff

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & 30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    Jimmeh - Ive always said your avant fits perfect mate, dont think id do anything to it style wise.I love the clean cut avants with the gentle touches.The colour coordination is spot on but if you are looking for something to spend on, maybe some Brushed ally mirror caps ???
    Yeah, as said, if any, I think I'd go with the wing-mirror replacements.. Still wouldn't mind the remap tbh - but, funds and all that jazz!

Cant quite remember which 3m it was to be honest, I remember it saying Machine polish lol...it was from my cousins paintshop.A white creamy substance......that smelt of polish!
    lol. "machine polish" - well, it's a start I guess isn't it! Usually you have to be careful if it's a more aggresive compound. Well, when I say 'careful', I just mean you should follow yourself round again with a lighter, finishing polish to refine the finish.

Like I said, Your in the Detailing business so if theres anything you could recommend mate then Ill give it a try.Judging by your paintwork you must be doing something right. The Turtle Wax is for the Van (only wanted to buy cheap stuff,ha) and the Mrs's Aclass but I was gutted when I looked in my shed and remembered then id ran out of my usual stuff - Doh!!!!!!!!!

Ill have to look further into all them Names your threw up, never realised there was soooooo much selection of Wax. The guy who own the Gym uses some spray stuff on his freelander, it a black one so he's constantly cleaning it and ive never known anyone to keep a black car contantly looking mint.He's always got some sort of spray out.
    Where abouts are you from Jimmeh seeing as your from the East mids? could be a potential job for you....
    Out of interest, what sort of durability do you get with the Turtle Wax kit?

For now, I'd defo try the Jeff's kit. It delivers an extra 'sharp' finish and really looked well in the sun. I'll be back in touch if I can think of anything else to suit your colour.

'Spray on stuff', find out what it is for me would you? (RE chap with his freelander)

I'm located in Newark chap. I didn't realise you're Leicester... Lots of my work is up that way.. Costock, Bunny, Mountsorrel, Welford, Ashby Forville etc.
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

5th Gear

Status
    I use the Jeff's acrylic kit, and is brilliant (literally) on light (white, silver etc) coloured cars...
    1998 S4 Widebody Saloon Track Car
    2006 320d SE Touring - Ze Fuhrer's Wagon
    2001 B5 RS4 510bhp & 508ft lbs SOLD
    1.9TDI (130) Sport -Black-Revo - Mrs Stoakseya4's mota - SOLD

4th Gear

Status
    I cant beleive the amount of people who have offered to buy it off me, had a right good-un couple months ago, was veeerrryy tempted aswell.
    Its an 02 plate with just over 50k on the clock so I dont think id be lucky to get another one in this condition for the money being a limited edition.

Ive always loved the RS4's and when Stoaksey got his it made me think a little more and I was tempted to get rid and go for one of them but managed to contain myself for now and treated myself to a New van instead

Yeah you do seem to be the exception to the rule - in that people can find selling modded cars hard, yet you've got people twisting your arm to sell before you've even thought about it! Goes to show how tasteful and unique it is though.

Know what you mean about the B5 RS4's. I've questioned it myself too, very seriously. Can't decide whether to go for a B5 RS4, B6 S4 or B7 3.0TDI mapped next. Every time I seem to be think along the sensible diesel lines Stoaksey bloody posts a picture of his avant looking mint. Damn him, should be confined to posting in the B5 section and stop us B6 owners feeling so jealous . Only joking Stoaksey!!
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

1st Gear

Status
    Just a quick question j7uss what tint you got on the rear is it darksmoke? and have you done the front windows aswell?

1st Gear

Status
    damn. thats so sweet.

not at all jealous lol. love it mate. was kinda shocked when you got rid of your red one, but a good decision imho.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    Every time I seem to be think along the sensible diesel lines Stoaksey bloody posts a picture of his avant looking mint. Damn him, should be confined to posting in the B5 section and stop us B6 owners feeling so jealous . Only joking Stoaksey!!

No problem.
    The way I looked at it was these cars are 8-9 yrs old now and some are starting to get quite leggy. Still great mind. But I wanted to sample ownership before it was too late?

This month's Performance Car Mag, has a B5 RS4 Buyer's Guide. I know the owner - he helped oput my Porsche Calipers on recently. His RS4 has done over 130k+ miles and still feels sweet as a nut. Almost as quick as mine still - but not quite !!

Would recommend you get into a B5 before it's too late. The B6 S4 is a lovely car but no comparison to the B5, it's too heavy up front. The B7 3.0tdi can see myself having one of them, but plenty of time for them still.

Or maybe the RS6...

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HenriEST View Post
    Just a quick question j7uss what tint you got on the rear is it darksmoke? and have you done the front windows aswell?
    Hi mate, I have 25% on all 4 side windows and 50% on the rear screen.Just right and not too dark.

cheers Dansansome, I loved the red one but got to a stage where I was getting too many cloners on their A3's even seen an A6 with same theme too plus I was getting a little bored - Ive had tooooo many red cars. Was originally going to go for an M3 (...i know, totally opposite end) but seen the blue and noticed my name was on it...

Marc1 - Totally agree, stoaksey's "power figure" keep springing to mind and with the V6 BiTurbo engine its very tempting.

Jimmeh - The machine polish is by 3M "fast cut compound Plus" mate, We did a lap of that (due to patches of rough surface,kinda like over spray from the blow-ins we did) followed by machine polish of Turtle wax twice.Turtle is ok but doesnt seem to last that long really. Its very easy to polish though "wax on wax off" not too messy either.
    Im going to give that Jeff's kit a go next time.Heard some good reports on the stuff too.Worth a blast hey. Ill find out of the guy next time I see him what that spray stuff is. Basically I remember him saying it had just been polished earlier that day and he likes to give it a quick wipe over with this stuff he had in a spray bottle.It was a clear stuff that looked to me at first like the clear spray tyre shine but he sprayed it over his wing and gave it a wipe - straight the way I thought what about Grit etc rubbing into the paint ...no such thing, think he was lucky though and showing off,lol...
    He's into all the detailing etc and bought a load of stuff he was telling me that come to just short of 200 that afternoon of the web.

Technics - Thanks and Thats the type ill be going for if I dont like the Bold look!!

5th Gear

Status
    Might be ther Jeff's Werkstat Jet Trigger - it's a white coloured spray, which is a bit like the Megs Last Touch Detailer, but for the lighter kit... Very good gear...

Just seen Smooth Assualt - nice B6 that...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stoakseya4 View Post
    No problem.
    The way I looked at it was these cars are 8-9 yrs old now and some are starting to get quite leggy. Still great mind. But I wanted to sample ownership before it was too late?

This month's Performance Car Mag, has a B5 RS4 Buyer's Guide. I know the owner - he helped oput my Porsche Calipers on recently. His RS4 has done over 130k+ miles and still feels sweet as a nut. Almost as quick as mine still - but not quite !!

Would recommend you get into a B5 before it's too late. The B6 S4 is a lovely car but no comparison to the B5, it's too heavy up front. The B7 3.0tdi can see myself having one of them, but plenty of time for them still.

Or maybe the RS6...
    lot of sense there mate, can definately see where you're coming from. I'll be getting my hands on that issue of performance mag too, cheers
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

slipper wagonz

Status
    Love it mate...took a while to get that front end on or what?
    pelican blue looks bad assssss..........

Status
    Car looks hot and once again I love the colour
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

Shuddup Foooool!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by filthyrich View Post
    Love it mate...took a while to get that front end on or what?
    pelican blue looks bad assssss..........
    ha, yeah tell me about it, been busy with work plus getting the colour match was a nightmare.Sprayed 3 times - Back bumper still looks abit iffy but its blown in to the quarters. Its the great Plastic v Metal panel issue. Happy with it though.

Hows yours, done anything different lately??

Doc - Hows your project coming along??anywhere near??

BLP
    Neutral

Status
    pics are pure sex mate, looking good

Drive It Like You Stole It

Status
    LOVE IT!!!! It looks even better than the last incarnation.

The bits I'd change are: I'd do the bit of the rear bumper black, put a black lip spoiler on it, and some s4/sline door blades also in black to break up the blue a bit.

Maybe I'd black the chrome strip on the boot out.....but I'd have a play on photoshop first to see if that would look right.

All in all tho, spot on with a few tweeks

Ryan
    Milltek non-resonated cat-back - 15mm MTM spacers - Toyo T1R's all round - RS4 Pedals+foot rest - Blackout model front grilles - Custom black front badge - de-badged boot - R8 oil cap - silver indicator bulbs - Dodo Juice supernatural wax - ECS tuning Porsche cayenne brake kit ready to fit or sell?...

Status
    Still collecting parts but X-Mass has put a stop to that right now.

I did pick up a complete boot lid with lights for 70 and a brand new RS4 N-Side front wing for 85 but the hunt still goes on.

When you goner post some pic's up on the Zine and do the wheel thread at the top why your at it.
    Last edited by docurley; 26th November 2009 at 15:27.
    Black Audi RS4 2006 Exclusive edition, Black optic option (stock for now)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12