Houston we have GRIP!!!!

Hightower

Reaction score
Got rid of the Golf today & picked up the A4 in some of the worst weather this year so got to test it out well.

Took a drive down to Lyme Regis to see the very rough sea's and tested the Quattro's power and grip on a couple of very steep hills out of the town from the beach where the Golf normally scrabbled for grip and bogged down due to the traction control (often like that in the dry never mind torrential rain), well decided to put foot to the floor to test it out and got to the top of the hills with a big grin :yes: on my face, not a whiff of slippage or flashing traction control lights, just a b@llocking from the missus for flying up the hill (was within speed limit, told her i was trying out the traction :thumbsup:).

Loving the car, nice to enjoy driving a car again, just need to learn to drive a petrol again.

Must say the engine is much smoother than the Golf tdi was, it happily sat in 6th gear while cruising along with the other traffic at 40mph, whereas the golf didnt like 6th below 60/65mph.

Missus is well happy with the heated seats and dual aircon as she always wants it hotter than me.

mate all my friends are moaning in there fwd car, and honestly in this weather i cant tell anything except the side winds, being an avant it catches them like a sail lol.

welcome to the world of quattro, had mine for 4 months now and hoenstly i dont think im ever gonna buy a 2wd car again unless its a drift slag.

The only downfall of Quattro is the MPG difference due the the added weight and drag. I went from a 2wd A4 to a quattro, and its a difference of about 7MPG

If you have a young family (i have a 5yr old daughter) i think the safety aspect of the quattro way outweighs the fuel consumption, i still get 37 on a good motorway run, my other car, a B5 1.8 T front wheel drive might push 40 on a long motorway run, so the difference in fuel is minimal in my opinion. The quattro feels so sure footed in rain and i was lucky enough to have mine when we had all the snow in feb, it did not even spin in the snow, even going up a steep snow covered hill!!

ha ha - glad you're enjoying the Quattro.... now go and find a big patch of wet leaves on teh road and go and play :)