Chris NottAH Fabrications
    BahnStormer

Status

Chip'N'Spin rolling road day! 05-DEC-09

Guys - the next Chip'N'Spin rolling road day has just been announced and it's soon!

05-DEC-09

Ł250 for a before dyno, remap and after-dyno! (with printouts)

Ł30 for a straight power-run! (with printouts)

Highly recommended if you were considering a remap / mod-box, but weren't sure of the results: this way you can see the results, drive the car and if anything is obviously "off", you just get them to map it back to the original and (within reason) you only pay for the Ł30 power run or get them to try some lower / higher spec remaps and (again, within reason) they only seemed to be charging the stock Ł250!

Check the thread and PM the Chip'N'Spin guys to book a place.... I'll only be there later in the afternoon, but it'll be good to meet up with a few of you if you're still about.

Location is Bromsgrove (just SW of Brum)... it took me 2 hours from SW London last time, but that was at sparrows' fart... Some of the guys made it up from the further corners of Kent / Essex in similar times.... hmmm....

Probably worth making clear: that I am not speaking officially on behalf of Chip'N'Spin and have no vested interested in the company or any associates.... and as such, I'm just speaking from my experience previously, so probably worth clarifying stuff on the day if you are expecting to have to map the car up further or map it back down, etc...

edit: mods - any chance of having this as a sticky for the next 3 weeks?
    Last edited by BahnStormer77; 13th November 2009 at 12:28.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I like the sound of that but how do I get out for the day to get it done without the missus finding out :-)

190 S LINE QUATTRO

Status
    Tell her you are off to get it serviced / cambelt changed etc.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhencullen1989 View Post
    Tell her you are off to get it serviced / cambelt changed etc.
    Nope can't use that one as garage has serviced the car this week before we pick it up today. Cambelt was done 7k ago according to service manual.

Can't even say I'm going Xmas shopping for her as getting her some diving equipment for our holiday in egypt at Xmas.

Plus we should be moving house a week or so after the RR day so I'm sure I will be expected to be doing some packing that day. Maybe I can persuade her to have the day out with her mum but that I will need the car.

190 S LINE QUATTRO

Status
    Tell her that by having it chipped it will pay for it's self after a couple of years due to the better fuel econony, It will also make a much more pleasurable driving experience.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhencullen1989 View Post
    Tell her that by having it chipped it will pay for it's self after a couple of years due to the better fuel econony, It will also make a much more pleasurable driving experience.
    I bought my tuning box for economy
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I bought my tuning box for economy
    I had a tuning box on my Fiat Scudo 2.0jtd van, gave it about 40bhp more but smoked like a steam train on the highest setting, so had to use it on a lower setting. On the companies website they said it wouldnt smoke anymore than standard and also would easily pass the emissions test on mot, needless to say they were wrong on both counts, smoked like a chimney and also failed emissions badly, luckily the garage let me take the box off at the test station and they then re did it and passed easily. That was fine on the first mot but come the 2nd year the box had over fueled so much it had knackered the cat and also worn the injectors out, so had an expensive experience with a tuning box.

Had an upsolute chip on my Passat 1.8t, never missed a beat.

So not sure the economy excuse will work as she knew how much faster the Scudo was after tuning.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    So not sure the economy excuse will work as she knew how much faster the Scudo was after tuning.
    In all seriousness the box did actually give me an extra 3-5 mpg.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

BahnStormer

Status
    depending on the engine there's usually three of four maps at least, usually a choice of:
    economy (bit more mid and lower end torque, so you can change up earlier)
    PWE (performance with economy, same as before, but it allows a bit more fuel at higher revs too)
    fast road (back to stock economy or slightly less if you drive it hard... depending on engine this is going to be 15%-40% above stock power and usually a lot more "area under the curve" in terms of lower end torque so will feel even faster than the headline power number)
    race (fuel economy and clutch wear get set aside for peak power - V6 TDI is up from 180bhp to 240bhp+, 1.9TDI130 is up to 170-190bhp!)
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.