Wheel Size opinions needed please?

dalespitfire

Quattrophenia
Reaction score
Guys,

With your expert knowledge :respekt: are these a correct spec fitment for the B6?

Stud Pattern: 5x112
Offset: ET45
Rim Size: 8Jx18"
Tyre Size: 225/40/18

Also what are your views on 18" BBS LM reps going on a 1.8T Sport? I've seen some images with 19"'s and they look awesome.

Just wondered whether 18's might look lost?

Cheers lads

The off set / stud pattern are correct, you could also run 235x40x18 or if you go for 19" wheel 235x35x19 i'm run the 19's with 235 tyre and when my 18's are sorted i will be running a 225 x 40 tyre . The standard tyre size on s-line a4's is 235 x 40 .
I think a rep wheel is a good choice as long as the offset is correct to your car. but try and go for a good tyre brand..

Hi
personally with an 8" rim or any rim for that matter (with in reason)i wouldnt run any thing less than a ET35
the wheels will sit nice in the arches nice , ET45s sit in a little too much for my liking ,
as for 18s i wouldnt go anymore than that 19s look good but the roads are not upto it and 19s are more harsh than 18s
i ran 19s for a bit then went back to 18s much better as far as comfort is concerned and to be honest dont look a lot different
all this is personal preference and should definately not be taken as being set in stone :)

Cheers matey,

What about a 10 mil spacer? That should do the trick?

At the price I've spotted the wheels at it'd be worth using spacers I think rather than source et35.

Dale - ET45 = OEM for the S4, so you'll be fine with those and they sit a lot nicer than the SE/Sport offset of ET54 (which looks awkwardly far in).... ET35 does look nice and mean, but you'll be fine starting off at ET45... after I got mine (S4 original wheels, ET45), I decided I preferred the idea of running mine without spacers, so have never bothered.

ET45 is the furthest "out" of any OEM spec, but not far enough out for most modders.

RE the tyres: I think 225/40 was the spec on the OEM 18's until the S-line (and S4), which run 235/40. 225mm width will be fine for this set of tyres and just swap them back and forth so the next time you replace the tyres you can do all four at once and get 235/40's, the 40 profile side wall of the 235mm width is slightly higher than the 225mm 40 profile, so if anything they should look VERY slightly lower profile :) And don't stress about the rolling radius: WELL within spec!! I can do the numbers for you if you want, but they will be fine!