Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 63
  1. #1
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    314

    Twin exit exhaust

    Hi guys,

    Is it possible to have a twin exit exhaust like the ones on the 1.8t on a 2.0L fsi avant and would i just have to fit a new twin exit valance.

    many thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Yes you would obviously need the valance, and an exhaust from either a 1.8T or a 1.9TDi quattro (not 100% on the latter) - and then I think it's just an exhaust hanger required.

    Its quite a popular and worthwhile mod
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  4. #3
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Go for it you won't be disappointed.


  5. #4
    JamesS4cab's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,122
    Hmmm..........anyone know of a set of back boxes and centre section set up from an S4 cab for sale???

    Ohhhhhhhhh - that would be me then!!
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

  6. #5
    Marc1's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    721
    If you are going to use an exhaust from another model remeber you need to take it from a car with the same number of cylinders and only quttro exhausts will fit quattro cars and fwd exhausts on fwd cars - not compatible the other way around. You also need a O/S heatshield, fixing bolts and O/S exhaust hanger. Rear valence required as suggested too.
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

  7. #6
    JamesS4cab's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    If you are going to use an exhaust from another model remeber you need to take it from a car with the same number of cylinders and only quttro exhausts will fit quattro cars and fwd exhausts on fwd cars - not compatible the other way around.
    Marc - This is a new one on me! Could you explain? Surely the centre sections, and rear boxes make no difference whatever car it is? Unless you mean the shape of the pipes?? Just wanted to know for my own piece of mind.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

  8. #7
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Marc has a pic somewhere I think, but the exhaust is shaped totally different on the quattro's as it has to negotiate the additional diff for the rear axle
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  9. #8
    paul20v's Avatar
    Audi fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.Wales
    Posts
    1,108
    Quattro system comes straight down the middle of the car and splits evenly at the centre box ,
    and the fwd centre box is off to the N/S and then the pipes come back across the car the N/S pipe is shorter than the O/S to the boxes .
    there not swapable between quattro and Fwd .

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    150
    Sorry to resurect this thread.

    Im looking to do this to my 1.9tdi, could you tell me how many parts of the exhaust are required?

    Reason I ask is I have been offered an exhaust but from the cat back.

    Cheers.

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    158
    Why do the 1.8T's require twin exhausts anyway?

  12. #11
    Martin69's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgesxi View Post
    Why do the 1.8T's require twin exhausts anyway?
    because it looks sexier

  13. #12
    Martin69's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgesxi View Post
    Why do the 1.8T's require twin exhausts anyway?
    because it looks sexier

    edit : now why did that happen??
    Last edited by Martin69; 16th January 2010 at 19:49.

  14. #13
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    158
    the germans stuck them on because they look sexier? ........ok

  15. #14
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I imagine it helps the engine breathe, but also looks more aggressive and is a styling touch over the 2.0.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  16. #15
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chorley, Lancs
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    Go for it you won't be disappointed.
    U R showing off now
    But, would like to do this to my 2.5 TDi Q Sport Avant.....But I want to do it for pennies not mega bucks :-)
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

  17. #16
    paul20v's Avatar
    Audi fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.Wales
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz! View Post
    Sorry to resurect this thread.

    Im looking to do this to my 1.9tdi, could you tell me how many parts of the exhaust are required?

    Reason I ask is I have been offered an exhaust but from the cat back.

    Cheers.
    I used the cat back exhaust from a 1.8t on my 1.9tdi the pipe diameter is identical and requires no mods at all.

  18. #17
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chorley, Lancs
    Posts
    781
    The back bumper on my 2.5 TDi Q Sport Avant seems to be in 2 sections.....the upper section has the parking sensors in it.....the lower section looks like its separate from the upper section....

    Whats the Part Number for the 1.8T Avant lower section (with the 2 exhaust ports) so I can find one on e-bay and is it an easy job to take the lower part of the back bumper off without taking the entire back bumper off.....
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

  19. #18
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    John I can't help you with the part number, but I think marc1 has posted it before. From memory it's not that expensive new, maybe 75 ish plus about 12 for the black sticker....(?) You will need to colour code too of course.

    Thats probably a better bet than eBay, I've BTDT and have two valances sat in my shed which aren't suitable!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  20. #19
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I've just found this, the prices are a bit more than I remember

    Unless you can do a NikNak and pick them both up for 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc1 View Post
    Part numbers and dealership prices (from Aug-08):-
    Avant Valance - 8E9 807 521G GRU 134.66 inc vat
    Saloon Valance - 8E5 807 521 G GRU 137.28 inc VAT
    Black centre Decal - 8E9 807 800A - 16.96 inc vat
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  21. #20
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnboyC View Post
    U R showing off now
    But, would like to do this to my 2.5 TDi Q Sport Avant.....But I want to do it for pennies not mega bucks :-)

    Come on John it's an Audi so nothing is cheep you should know that!

  22. #21
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chorley, Lancs
    Posts
    781
    Yep - I know what you mean Niknak ;-)
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

  23. #22
    Garfie's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ipswich, Suffolk
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by paul20v View Post
    I used the cat back exhaust from a 1.8t on my 1.9tdi the pipe diameter is identical and requires no mods at all.
    I need to do the twin exhaust mod soon but not sure on the best way to go about it on a 1.9TDI FWD. I see that getting a 1.8T exhaust is one way to do it but am a bit concerned about then having 2 back boxes. Will this not affect performance or mpg in any way?

    The only other way I have seen is to remove the single standard back box and fit a plain bit of pipe that splits to each side of the car with a chrome tip on it. This way there will be no back box at all and I have the same concerns as above, plus the additional worry of loss of back pressure damaging the engine.

    What effect will having none or 2 back boxes make on the 1.9TDI FWD? Does anyone have any experiences or know of any other way of doing it?

  24. #23
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I know of a few (Niknak and Marc1 off the top of my head) who have converted a 1.9TDi to dual exits, and have not heard of any problems.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  25. #24
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chorley, Lancs
    Posts
    781
    The more I think about it the more I want to do my 2.5 TDi :-)
    Now whats the chances of finding a smashed up 1.8T (will the 1.8T Quattro back bumper be the same as a 1.8T FWD back bumper).... with a Mauritius Blue bumper eh !
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

  26. #25
    paul20v's Avatar
    Audi fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.Wales
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
    I need to do the twin exhaust mod soon but not sure on the best way to go about it on a 1.9TDI FWD. I see that getting a 1.8T exhaust is one way to do it but am a bit concerned about then having 2 back boxes. Will this not affect performance or mpg in any way?

    The only other way I have seen is to remove the single standard back box and fit a plain bit of pipe that splits to each side of the car with a chrome tip on it. This way there will be no back box at all and I have the same concerns as above, plus the additional worry of loss of back pressure damaging the engine.





    What effect will having none or 2 back boxes make on the 1.9TDI FWD? Does anyone have any experiences or know of any other way of doing it?
    No issues at all i was worried that the exhaust may get louder by deleting the back boxes thats why i went with the 1.8t system its a direct fit and perfect in every way no change in performance or MPG .

  27. #26
    mattyboyc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by paul20v View Post
    No issues at all i was worried that the exhaust may get louder by deleting the back boxes thats why i went with the 1.8t system its a direct fit and perfect in every way no change in performance or MPG .
    So am i clear forgetting the heat shield,hanger and rear valance, it is a system from a 1.8t i want, is that just from cat back?
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS


  28. #27
    Garfie's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ipswich, Suffolk
    Posts
    179
    Cool thanks, so a 1.8T back section then add a couple of nice chrome tips?

    This seems the way to go but has anyone else deleted the back box on a 1.9TDI and just gone with the twin exit pipework?

  29. #28
    paul20v's Avatar
    Audi fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.Wales
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    So am i clear forgetting the heat shield,hanger and rear valance, it is a system from a 1.8t i want, is that just from cat back?
    Yep 1.8t from cat back the system is even the same bore as the tdi so no mods at all with the system it fits straight on and the genuine sytems come in one piece so the front coupling is the only join .

  30. #29
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chorley, Lancs
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak View Post
    Go for it you won't be disappointed.

    Ian.....did you have to replace the entire lower part of your bumper or just the bit thats the lower rear vallance with the two exhaust ports......what version/make of back bumper is yours,,,,,and where did you get the exhaust tail pipes sorted ? I would like the same size as the 1.8T myself...
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

  31. #30
    mattyboyc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,223

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by paul20v View Post
    Yep 1.8t from cat back the system is even the same bore as the tdi so no mods at all with the system it fits straight on and the genuine sytems come in one piece so the front coupling is the only join .
    Thanks for that, this will be my next big project, just need to get the valance sorted then i will have a s-line one in atlas grey for sale!!
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS


  32. #31
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    150
    Thankyou for the info on this, mine is now completed

    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...exhaust-change

  33. #32
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5
    hey guys and gals, i have a 52 plate 2.5 diesel which has two rear tailpipes and boxes, i would love, love to have chrome exhaust tips, but don't want to do it cheap and nastily but no spend out to much, thing is i have no idea where to go, im in luton, bedfordshire............any advice would be very genuinly welcomed.

  34. #33
    mattyboyc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by theref175 View Post
    hey guys and gals, i have a 52 plate 2.5 diesel which has two rear tailpipes and boxes, i would love, love to have chrome exhaust tips, but don't want to do it cheap and nastily but no spend out to much, thing is i have no idea where to go, im in luton, bedfordshire............any advice would be very genuinly welcomed.
    Do a google search for powerflow,there you will find a list of dealers,there's bown to be one near you they will be able to do you some nice chrome tips,personaly i would go for 100mm
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS


  35. #34
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Check out POWERFLOW for the tips which can be welded on, and you will need a new rear lower bumper. If you've an Avant I have one you might be interested in.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  36. #35
    mattyboyc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Check out POWERFLOW for the tips which can be welded on, and you will need a new rear lower bumper. If you've an Avant I have one you might be interested in.
    Why you not done it yet if you already have the valance??
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS


  37. #36
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    Why you not done it yet if you already have the valance??
    Because the valance has some minor scratched in it, nothing really, but would suit a car thats got sprayed lowers better. I might yet do it, I'm undecided.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  38. #37
    mattyboyc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Because the valance has some minor scratched in it, nothing really, but would suit a car thats got sprayed lowers better. I might yet do it, I'm undecided.
    Well if you decide not to and you wanna sell it cheap, i might have it off you as mine would need painting,but not just yet as i need a waterpump and whilst i'm there i may aswell do annother cambelt so more expense
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS


  39. #38
    Niknak's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    manchester
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnboyC View Post
    Ian.....did you have to replace the entire lower part of your bumper or just the bit thats the lower rear vallance with the two exhaust ports......what version/make of back bumper is yours,,,,,and where did you get the exhaust tail pipes sorted ? I would like the same size as the 1.8T myself...
    John,

    The lower part is as per the picture (grey) section, it comes in one piece and has 4 screws, 2 each side behind the rear wheel, then the rest clips in. The tail pipes are the fully monty, 1 x full system.

    Cheers
    Ian

  40. #39
    Garfie's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ipswich, Suffolk
    Posts
    179
    Does anyone know if the B7 2.0 FSi twin back box exhaust will also fit the 1.9FWD?

    It looks the same shape as a B6 1.8T one to me

  41. #40
    paul20v's Avatar
    Audi fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.Wales
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
    Does anyone know if the B7 2.0 FSi twin back box exhaust will also fit the 1.9FWD?

    It looks the same shape as a B6 1.8T one to me
    Chassis is the same so i cant see why not , and the B7 2.0 tdi fits a B6 1.9tdi so they are the same if you get my drift .

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO