Twin exit exhaust

I agree with Paul, pipe bore might be slightly different, but I think shape etc would be the same.

I have spoken to the friendly parts man at the local stealers and he has confirmed both have a 55mm clamp on the front section behind the cat so bore size should be the same.

The only thing he did say may need checking is the position of the exhaust tips, he said the boxes should be near enough the same on the B6 and B7 but couldn't guarantee that the tips came out in exactly the same place due to different rear bumpers. This would be quite critical for me as I need them to line up nicely in the votex rear skirt cutouts.

Easy enough to get the tips cut off and rewelded I would have thought?

Yep easy enough to get the length of the tip adjusted, I am more concerned on the distance between the 2 tips. As I have a Votex rear it is vital this spacing matches the valance cutouts.

Just reviving a recent thread with a couple of important and urgent questions I know someone will be able to answer.

I have found myself a 1.8T 190 exhaust but I need a courier to collect it for me. It is a complete exhaust with cat and downpipe.

The courier will only carry up to 3m in length and 30kg and I'm worried that even with the front section taken off and wrapped with the back section it is still going to be over 3m long and 30kg in weight.

Can anyone confirm if it will exceed these limits or not?

In addition, if I decide to ask them to only send the bits I need and keep hold of the cat (to keep the parcel weight down) how much of the front section of pipe do I need for a straight fit to a 1.9TDI? Is it the rear section up to the round sleeved joint betweeen the cat and centre box or is it all the way up to the flanged bolted connection to the cat itself?

Just reviving a recent thread with a couple of important and urgent questions I know someone will be able to answer.

I have found myself a 1.8T 190 exhaust but I need a courier to collect it for me. It is a complete exhaust with cat and downpipe.

The courier will only carry up to 3m in length and 30kg and I'm worried that even with the front section taken off and wrapped with the back section it is still going to be over 3m long and 30kg in weight.

Can anyone confirm if it will exceed these limits or not?

In addition, if I decide to ask them to only send the bits I need and keep hold of the cat (to keep the parcel weight down) how much of the front section of pipe do I need for a straight fit to a 1.9TDI? Is it the rear section up to the round sleeved joint betweeen the cat and centre box or is it all the way up to the flanged bolted connection to the cat itself?

Garfie .. This is the system you have been asking about on (ebay) . The system should fit up to the down pipe on your tdi . The turbo placement is not the same as an Audi 1.8t but the rest of the system should follow the same route.

IMG_2394.jpg

Ha, I wondered if it was you when I saw a post on here saying you'd be selling your system soon, Was going to message you through ebay later and ask!

Do you fancy keeping hold of the cat section then to save a bit on the weight of the parcel for the courier? That way you can sell it on or scrap it for a bit of cash for yourself?

No Problem Garfie. I will wrap the system up when i'm down Badger 5 workshop and ask him what would be the best time for your courier to collect
due to the fact Bill only open's a few day's a week (2nd job).. Will your courier collect on Saturdays. ????

Well as an update I have fitted 1.8T the twin exhaust to my 1.9TDi and am very pleased with the results looks wise. And yes it was a simple and straight forward job to fit it. I just got hold of the additional hanger (comes with rubber), 2 bolts for the hanger, the heatshield and 4 speed nuts to hold the heatshield in place from TPS (around £38).

The only issue I have, and I'm not sure its related, is that I now seem to have a noticeable drop in power around 3000rpm when accelerating hard. I know it could be the MAF but this has been replaced recently.

Can those who have fitted the twin exhaust to their 130PD's please just comment to say if they noticed any difference in pull, flatspots etc since fitting the twin exhaust???

No change at all mate you must have something else lurking about .

I have a Quattro Avant, which has twin pipes but are covered by the bumper. So to convert it I just need this......
Avant Valance - 8E9 807 521G GRU £134.66 inc vat
Black centre Decal - 8E9 807 800A - £16.96 inc vat

and get the banana shaped tips cut off and chrome straight ones welded on?

Cheers

Stuart

Mine is being fitted too in a couple of week. Will keep everyone posted on power related things.

I am also going down this route and have a B6 2.5 TDI avant quattro 180 sport (what a mouthful).
Obviously this has the twin tailpipes that are bent towards the floor,but this is for a good reason,it chucks out an awful lot of black soot on acceleration,now as it is there are no soot marks on any part of the bodywork because it all gets blown downwards but the minute i replace the tailpipes for straight through versions i know that there will be black marks all over the rear of the car!
Is this something i can live with????
I'm not anal about detailing as i think my time could be spent elsewhere so as a result i clean my car about four times a year!
So the question is,can i conjure up a tailpipe that appears to be S4/1.8t like but still bends downwards? hmmm.....

Does anyone know if the bore on the 1.8tq system is the same as my 2.5tdi the two layouts should be the same.And how does the S4 differ from the 2.5tdi?
Cheers Rob

C6 A6 TDi's have a downswept tail pipe which looks quite good I think. Like this (not an S6 despite badging) - Powerflow have lots of tailpipe options on their website, I'm sure you could find something to suit.

picture.php

I agree James,this does look pretty good,not quite the straight through look but nice all the same.I think its the poncing about with my original exhaust that bothers me at the moment,i'd like to not have to chop my tailpipes off if i can help it budget being what it is,but i'm fairly certain that the tdi pipes do not carry on through as far as the petrol version meaning they will fall short of the exit holes on the valance,whereas the picture above clearly is intended to protrude slightly.
By the way James i can't find a thread on puddle lights or even the illuminated coin tray/heater vents do you know where they be?
Cheers Rob

would it matter if the exhaust is from an automatic 1.8t? or does that not have an effect on the actual exhaust compared to a manual one?

would it matter if the exhaust is from an automatic 1.8t? or does that not have an effect on the actual exhaust compared to a manual one?

It will be fine .

Just coming back to this to update it for others info. The flat spot I experienced after initially fitting the exhaust appears to have gone now so cant pin it on the exhaust change.

Anyone needing a decent tig welded custom exhaust system/decats pm me
I'm currently doing s4 system and decat

I'm also after a twin rear valance for 2.5 Q avant (anybody)

i've gone from this

af935888.jpg

to this

b6be90a8.jpg

then in the next few days this will be fitted

81ce1f5b.jpg

9f0be131.jpg

full blueflame system from an S4 :)