A couple of problems.....

boya

Reaction score
some of you may have seen my previous threads on theese problems but am really lost off now.
the car is a 2003 2.5tdi 163bhp sport 83k fsh
ok lately the car has been playing up, firstly a violent judder between 1.5k - 2k revs whe crusing or slightly accelerating but boot it and its fine. its not there constantly though, just every now and again, maybe once or twice a week.
secondaly, when pulling away at really low revs the car seems to bog down and wont accelerate at all, this is deffo not turbo lag as all of a sudden it will "kick" in and bbe fine.
i have had the car to a evans halshaw dealer where i bought it from and took out a 2 year warrenty with the car, then they phoned me to tell me that they couldnt fault the car. will thier diagnostics equipment scan everything or will it be a audi/vag com job?
any ideas will be spot on as am unsure wht to do now. cheers

I've not read your other posts to know what you have tried. First ideas would be a pssoble MAF problem, or maybe the vanes in the turbo being sooted up, or possibly even a fuel pump issue.

I doubt Evans Halshaw would have full VAG-com, that needs to be your first step really.

so am guessing that a full vag com scan is more comprehensive than a standard diagnosis machine? am going to try and source someone in the north east that has it. i dont fancy spending £120 for aud too look at it haha
al keep you's posted!:icon_thumright:

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my car and VAGCOM did not show any errors.

Idle was heavy and juddering when driving on the motorway. I changed the MAF on Saturday and used Forte Diesel treatment. This has cured my probelm.

boya - what transmission? Just asking since it's a FWD 2.5TDI, so could be multitronic - which opens up all sorts of potential problems.... also - if multitronic, has it had the clutch swapped? Originally they came with 6-plate clutches, but most were recalled by Audi and swapped out for 7-plate clutches.

lostbok, nah its just a standard manual, no fancy stuff for me haha. cheers

boozehound, :thumbsup:pm sent!