Another "Lowering My SE Avant" Thread

dalespitfire

Quattrophenia
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Newbie here, first timer so be gentle :)

I'm looking at getting a 53 plate 1.9 TDI 130 SE in Denim Blue (Sunroof, Bose, Sand Nappa - quite nice!)

Its sat on 18" RS6's - the new style Tri Spoke 5 Arm ones.....but it has clearly not been lowered and looks a bit like a startled deer!

I'd like to drop it slightly - nothing ridiculous - just so it sits a couple of inches above the wheels rather than the current four inches.

Can anyone recommend a setup that will give me that kind of height and a slightly firmer ride (I've seen Eibach mentioned a few times)? Also anyone recommend somewhere I can get this done for me in the Yorkshire area?

Thanks again,

Dale

'demin blue', is that the offficial wording?! Ooh, can you post pics of the car please?

I have the 1.9 TDi Quattro Sport 130 but with the 18" RS4 wheels..

Height wise, mine sits low as it is - standard.

See what you think..

DSC03225.jpg

DSC03254i.jpg

same colour??

Hi mate - looks the same - yours is gorgeous!

The Sport deffo sits lower than the SE as standard and yours looks spot on and about as low as I'd want to go.

This is the motor - its from the advert so not the best. I'm going to see it Saturday hopefully.

media

oooh aye, yes - nice. T'is the same colour isn't it.. Welcome along :)

I'm not sure yet if I like the tri-spoke wheels you know.. probably look much cleaner when it's been dropped a little as you say!?

Any other plans? I hope to pick up the chrome/alloy wing-mirrors when funds allow and that's about it. Maybe a remap if I'm feeling naughty... other than that, keeping it clean!

here's a similar angled shot to yours:

DSC06117iCustom2wd.jpg

Yeah, whatever I get I'll probably go with the Matte Mirrors too.

Be nice to have the S-line kit but that would have to wait unless I dropped on something that already has it.

There are a few option's when it come's to lowering. I have AP coilover's (never again). Look for a good shock and spring combo, these will give you a tidy drop. There are load's of company's on this site that can help you out.

Nowt to do with me, but there's a set of S-Line/Sport suspension on fleebay at the moment for 99p. Could be a relatively cheap option. I've just come from an SE on RS4 18s and you could have smuggled people across borders under the arches. I've now got a Quattro Sport and it looks so much better so deffo recommend the Sport setup!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-B6-1-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20add7dd47

Mines an SE with 18's too and it looks very similar to yours. The Sport is 20mm lower then the S, its not a huge difference, but visually it certainly makes all the difference.

Nowt to do with me, but there's a set of S-Line/Sport suspension on fleebay at the moment for 99p. Could be a relatively cheap option. I've just come from an SE on RS4 18s and you could have smuggled people across borders under the arches. I've now got a Quattro Sport and it looks so much better so deffo recommend the Sport setup!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A4-B6-1-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item20add7dd47

Cheers for that mate - keep me eye on that?

Would that be ok for a diesel Avant - I thought the lump in the front would be heavier and need stiffer springs - also it mentions it being off a Saloon?

Cheers

Mine is Denim blue ,
The blues below are Mauritius blue
Denim blue is lighter .

Photo0262.jpg

Cheers for that mate - keep me eye on that?

Would that be ok for a diesel Avant - I thought the lump in the front would be heavier and need stiffer springs - also it mentions it being off a Saloon?

Cheers

To be 100% sure email the guy on eBay and ask for the part numbers and then go on ww.vagcat.com and check the part numbers against your car model and 1.8T sport. I would imagine it will be fine although deffo check. It would be different say between a 1.9 and the 2.5 and non-Quattro versus Quattro.

Go on www.vagcat.com to be 100%, you have to register first and then go into the catalog, its a bit fiddly but worth its weight in gold! :beerchug:

Yeah, Your car has an Allroad look about it. I had a denim blue A4 saloon, I lowered it on Eibach springs and standard shocks.. IIRC I think I bought Avant springs so that's why the back sits slightly high.. I think the Eibach springs are progressive, which means they and soft when cruising but when you go round a bend they stiffin up.. I always found Eibach to good quality..

IMGP3165.jpg

Quattro and non-quattro springs are definitely not compatible. Judging by Technics post, saloon and avant ones obviously are, although I imagine the spring rates differ.

Quattro and non-quattro springs are definitely not compatible. Judging by Technics post, saloon and avant ones obviously are, although I imagine the spring rates differ.

Yeah, I think that is why she sat a bit high at the back, obviously lighter than an avant.. I think I bought them off ebay cheap..

Cheers for the replies guys.

Bad news is the feckers have sold the car!

So I'm back on the hunt......looking at 2 over the weekend, one a Black 1.9tdi Sport with Leather and one pretty bog standard looking SE in Silver.

Good thing about the SE is its in tidy original nick and not messed about with so its a good blank canvas, its also pretty cheap.

Anyway - we'll see what happens!