A4 / S4 Differences

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

Please, excuse my ignorance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have an A4 saloon 1.9tdi 130 Sport. What are the differences between an A4 with the Sport option like mine, which has the big wheels, spoiler, bodykit, lowered suspension etc and an official 'S'4?

Its academic now since I will be keeping what I have, but I'm interested! (And for future reference of course!)

From what perspective? Just trim, styling or everything? There's many options that are standard.

I'm sure you don't mean the brakes/performance etc ?

You get slightly better mpg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ok fair questions.. Trim, styling, I assume those differences if any are very minor - I have the aluminium interior trim/inserts, the bootlid spoiler, the bodykit etc - though I belive the S has a black roof liner which mine doesnt.. It actually was more the underlying things I was interested in. Is the lowered 'Sport' suspension etc that I have the same as the S? you mention Brakes - I assume from that that those do vary - I think what I'm getting at is "Is an S basically a standard A4 with a lot of options, or is it fundamentally different? Could somebody effectively spec an A4 into an S4? What actually are the benefits, or reasons for choosing an S? other than those options are already specified..