Continual Battery Flattening!!

alibob

Liskeard Classic Cars
Reaction score
Hello All
Having had both the battery and the alternator replaced under warranty my A4 (2002)1.8T Auto continues to flatten the battery every 36-48 hours. Last night the RAC were called out as I really needed the car and the patrolman found it was "leaking" at least .5 of an amp but should be 0.05 max. Any ideas????I am getting a little fed up!

Hello Yaseen
This "Intellistart" sounds interesting.....how much was it? I often leave the car at the airport for a couple of weeks at a time and need to know it will start! However I expect a 2 year old car....especially an Audi to hold a battery charge for more than 2 days.

[ QUOTE ]
alibob said:
Hello Yaseen
This "Intellistart" sounds interesting.....how much was it? I often leave the car at the airport for a couple of weeks at a time and need to know it will start

[/ QUOTE ]

Its by the alarm makers Clifford, cost me £110 fitted year and half ago (picked it up cheap off ebay) but it was the add on option to my current alarm. Clifford are one of the best alarm makers so if left alone a lot may not be a bad idea to have one.

Im pretty sure they do Intellistarts on their own too,(called Omnistart) either see your local alarm shop or use the "ask a seller a question" in ebay for prices as standalone not often on there (If you can know someone who will fit it).

Just NEVER leave your car in gear or it'll jump forward when starts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif (im going to have a micro-switch fited soon to ensure this never happens justs in case...)

Has 3 main functions 1) starts car by remote (good for cold days to warm car, or cool car in summer...and leaves people very impressed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif) 2) starts car if temperature drops 3) Starts car if battery low. 4) allows you to leave engine on yet withdraw key and activate alarm (eg when popping out for a sec)All can be switched off and customised eg voltage and temp to start at) Clifford site

[ QUOTE ]
alibob said: However I expect a 2 year old car.... especially an Audi to hold a battery charge for more than 2 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too right!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif, if your under warranty and havent done any mods which could have caused it eg new stereo etc then bug the stealers more.