EM TuningVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

New Brakes Pads, Rotors

I wanna purchase new rotors and pads soon. What rotors will A meet or exceed OEM performance/longevity, and B not be as expensive as Audi-branded materials??
    Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright before they speak.

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    These are always top of my list.... but I think they're only meet one of your criterea

http://www.brembo.com/ENG/AfterMarke...sBremboMAX.htm

I think these 312mm x 25mm (Brembo Code: 09.8690.11*) would fit my front wheels... and these 255mm x 12mm (Brembo Code: 08.9918.20) are okay for the rear? But then each engine spec needs different brakes... * They didn't have an item for the 2.5TDI Quattro, so those are the front discs for a 2001 A6 2.5TDI Quattro (same engine and same disc size, so should fit!).
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifer780 View Post
    I wanna purchase new rotors and pads soon. What rotors will A meet or exceed OEM performance/longevity, and B not be as expensive as Audi-branded materials??

Dunno about the states, but here you wont find anything cheaper than OEM spec parts i think for my car discs and pads are about 100-150, performance discs and pads will easily top the 200 mark if not 240 ish.

BahnStormer

Status
    Sorry - about previous post - kinda missed the point a bit

TBH - brakes is the one area I really wouldn't try to skimp on... normally OEM spec is the minimum you should be aiming for... you can get some similar priced slightly higher spec pads pretty easilly, but on the discs (rotors) you'll probably be paying more for higher spec... from my experience, B6 brakes are pretty decent at OEM spec, but not so much that it's worth saving a few bucks on lower quality parts....
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Neutral

Status
    Oh no lostbok I completely agree with you! What's the point in awesome acceleration if you can't stop?? I am just always looking for ways to improve all systems and sub-systems of the car to make it last longer, and more efficient resulting in making it more fun to drive while having to work on it less.
    Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright before they speak.

4th Gear

Status
    What i really recommend is braided hoses and a good fluid DOT 5.1 style.

does the world of good.

Then get some nice pads on OEM disks

grooved disks etc normally only worth it for the looks unless you are tracking.

My aim is some larger brakes.

I have cupra r brembos on my last car for the nurburgring and they were awesome.

BahnStormer

Status
    I had the cross-drilled Brembo's in my Golf... absolutely stunning stopping power, but overkill... and a bit of a false economy as the cross-drilled are more prone to cracking that the regular discs. Definitely more for track use.

Grooved are good as they clear the surface of the pad of any road grime and also provide some the gas "absorbtion" properties of cross-drilled / dimpled discs, but they do wear pads down a bit quicker (depending on the pads).

I thought braided hoses were great for pedal feel and fine for a few track sessions but needed to be replaced far more regularly than the regular hoses?
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

4th Gear

Status
    dont think they need to be changed more often, but they increase pedal feel, and increase response time. so in emergencey stops you stop quicker and have a more confident feel in braking